Development Manager (Java Core)
Salary SGD10000 - SGD15000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Singapore RiverFULL_TIME
Consultant Stephanie Tan (R1768414)
Job Ref 1937240/001
Date posted 17 May 2023singapore tech-transformation/development-programming 2023-05-17 2023-06-16 it Singapore River SG SGD 10000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A unique Development Manager (Java Core) job opportunity has just become available at a leading bank in Singapore.
About the Development Manager (Java Core) Role:
In this role, you will report to the Head of Applications and engage in the software development life cycle that shapes the digital exchange. You will also analyse requirements and design, implement, deliver and support the IT solutions of the digital exchange.
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap for financial markets business by providing robust technology solutions that will efficiently drive higher productivity, maximise efficiency, and reduce costs
- Lead and implement the vision and strategy by adopting new technology and delivery model with Agile, and Dev Ops to identify working opportunities on innovation
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates
- Contribute to the strategic goals of the organisation through the application of standard and latest technology (standardised enterprise grade tools, software, and frameworks)
- Enable the organisation to manage transformational business improvements through application of technical expertise and innovation in defining solutions
- Strong and effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- Provide inputs, support and challenge process or operating model to constantly identify opportunities on simplification and delivery efficiency
- Define standards to ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind
- Enforce and streamline sound development practices and establish and maintain effective governance processes including training, advice, and support, to assure the platforms are developed, implemented, and maintained aligning with the group’s standards
- Mentor and coach individuals and develop the community of technical talent
- Drive creation and provide ongoing input and support for the delivery of technology talent programmes
- Create a positive impact in the organisation and across the industry by sharing knowledge and expertise with others
- Source knowledge and expertise for own initiatives and in supporting others to achieve their initiatives
- Be responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks for investment projects as well for new application build-out
- Identify/address key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the Group Technology Policy, Standards and Enterprise Risk management framework
- Deliver ‘effective governance’, capability to challenge peers effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Work with programme management office and second line of defence teams to ensure portfolio governance are well managed
- Manage key stakeholders:
- Business Users
- Scrum Master
- Application Leads
- PSS Leads
- Work with an Agile team to develop, test and maintain applications
- Understand the user requirements and participate system design, particularly the business/functional services. Participate in the full development life cycle of solution building
- Be involved in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements and development of user stories
- Work with databases, software algorithms and pattern design
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine and tune integrations between applications
- Track and maintain code coverage system performance and system security
- Contribute to design and implementation of application integration solutions
- Perform hands-on development in Hadoop ecosystem in data ingestion, data transformation, data service, etc.
- Lead the technical design on component or full application
- In addition to development, participate end to end project delivery and conduct tasks such as: application development, testing, build, and release
- Follow and contribute to DevOps and related team collaboration activities
To succeed in this role, you must have a minimum of eight years of experience with Java development.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or Information Technology
- Eight or more years of hands-on experience in software development
- Core Java/JEE/Microservices experience
- Unix Fundamentals and Basic Shell Scripting
- Design Patterns
- Integration Techniques like REST API ,MQ, JMS
- Collaborate with developers, PM, BA on all project deliverables
- Continuously innovate, adapt and invest in latest technologies
- DB Design and DB Fundamentals
- SQL Knowledge
- Fast learner, self-disciplined, positive attitude
- Good communicator
Nice to have:
- FM Experience
- Role Specific Technical Competencies
This exciting Development Manager (Java Core) opportunity is with an international bank with a strong foothold in Singapore.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Development Manager (Java Core) role is for you.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1768414 Stephanie Tan
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 28 May 2023An exciting Data Architect job opportunity has arisen at a leading technology solutions provider.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 10 May 2023An exciting Data Architect job opportunity has arisen at a leading technology solutions provider.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 05 May 2023An exciting Data Solution Lead job opportunity has become available at a leading MNC with a strong presence within the region.
Salary: SGD12500 - SGD15000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 21 May 2023An SRE/DevOps Engineer job has become available at a fintech startup.