Java Developer (six-month extendable contract)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Singapore RiverCONTRACTOR
Consultant Dipti Makawana (R1658793)
Job Ref 1911280/001
Date posted 06 March 2023singapore tech-transformation/development-programming 2023-03-14 2023-04-05 it Singapore River SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Java Developer (six-month extendable contract) job opportunity has just become available at a global financial services firm with a strong presence in Singapore.
About the Java Developer (six-month extendable contract) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for supporting complex technical deliveries, business demands and the requirements management process. This is a critical project role that incorporates many deliverables.
- Lead and implement the vision and strategy by adopting new technology and delivery model with Agile, and DevOps to identify working opportunities on innovation
- Work with an Agile team to develop, test and maintain applications
- Understand the user requirements and participate system design, particularly the business/functional services. Participate into the full development life cycle of solution building
- Be involved in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements and development of user stories
- Work with databases, software algorithms and pattern design
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine and tune integrations between applications
- Track and maintain code coverage system performance and system security
- Contribute to design and implementation of application integration solutions
- Perform hands-on development in Hadoop ecosystem in data ingestion, data transformation, data service, etc.
- Lead the technical design on component or full application
- In addition to development, participate end to end project delivery and conduct tasks such as: application development, testing, build, and release
- Follow and contribute to DevOps and related team collaboration activities
To succeed in this Java Developer (six-month extendable contract) role in Singapore, you must have a minimum of four years' experience with Java and Microservices development.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Strong hands-on Java programming knowledge - design and development
- Familiarity with Microservices and Sprint Boot
- Unix Fundamentals and Basic Shell Scripting
- Integration techniques – Messaging, API and Web Services
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Collaborate with developers, PM, BA on all project deliverables
- Continuously innovate, adapt and invest in latest technologies
- DB Design and DB Fundamentals
- SQL Knowledge
- Fast learner, self-disciplined, positive attitude
- Good communicator
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a global financial services client with a strong footprint within the region.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Java Developer (six-month extendable contract) role.
Apply now or contact me at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: Dipti Makawana
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 20 March 2023An exciting Java Developer (12-month extendable contract) job opportunity has just become available at a global financial services client with a strong presence in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 22 March 2023An exciting Python Developer (extendable contract) job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 16 March 2023An exciting Senior Unix Administrator - Apps (12-month contract) job opportunity has become available at a leading global financial services company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 20 March 2023An exciting DevOps Engineer (12-month renewable contract) job opportunity has become available at a world-class global company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 20 March 2023An exciting Cloud Support Engineer (12-month contract) job opportunity has become available at a leading cloud technology solutions organisation.