Securities Software Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Singapore RiverCONTRACTOR
Consultant Dipti Makawana (R1658793)
Job Ref 1895680/001
Date posted 20 January 2023singapore tech-transformation/development-programming 2023-01-20 2023-02-19 it Singapore River SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Securities Software Engineer (12-month contract) job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
About the Securities Software Engineer (12-month contract) Role:
In this role, you will responsible for developing solutions on strategic systems to fulfil business requirements, as well as continuing to enhance the legacy stack of application.
- Independently engage with stakeholders (business, compliance, Operations and technology partners at all levels) to understand and document requirements, develop functional and technical specifications and work with onshore and offshore development teams to implement requirements
- Develop robust and scalable technology solutions to business problems using modern software development best practices
- Collaborate with global teams to design and build new functionalities in relevant languages and/or other shared (and existing) platforms that align with our blueprint
- Clearly communicate technical details effectively across disciplines and teams, including to senior leadership
- Absorb complex business requirements, presenting technical solutions to problems at appropriate levels for a given audience - stakeholders, analysts, developers. At times, present several technical options, enumerating the costs and benefits of each option
- Establish and maintain detailed knowledge of the business processes and software including that of third-party vendors
- Collaborate and coach a team of highly motivated technologists
To succeed in this Securities Software Engineer (12-month contract) role, you must have experience in Java and Scala technologies.
- Professional experience developing solutions with Scala/Java. Well versed with both OOPS and Functional programming principles
- Strong development expertise
- Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
- An understanding of fundamental algorithms and ability to optimise the existing code
- Experience in writing Specification by Example/Feature Files/ATDD/BDD
- Experience in SDLC automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, GitHub, Artifactory and Ansible
- Follows clean code principles
- Rigorously adheres to Test Driven Development practices including continual integration
- Experience of Scrum/Agile methods
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, communication and collaborative working skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
- Knowledge of AMPS messaging infrastructure and database programming is a plus
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Linux Experience preferably with shell scripting
- Good to have ReactJS experience
- Good understanding of capital markets especially securities trade processing, clearing and settlements
- A strong sense of ownership with a passion for the development and delivery of quality software
- Strong proven record and commitment to delivery. The role will involve seeing projects from initial inception through to delivery
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global bank in Singapore.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Securities Software Engineer (12-month contract) role is right for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply now or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: Dipti Makawana
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 30 January 2023An exciting Data Scientist (12-month extendable contract) job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Application Analyst - Python (12-month contract) job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Technical Expert - Java (12-month contract) job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Solution Architect - Microsoft Dynamics 365 job opportunity has just opened up at a global financial services company in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 09 January 2023An exciting Data Engineer job has become available at a unique social app company for real estate based in USA with a presence in Hong Kong and Singapore.