Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Alphonsus Sim (R1986634)
Job Ref 1893830/001
Date posted 16 January 2023singapore tech-transformation/analytics 2023-01-16 2023-02-15 mining Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Data Engineer job opportunity has become available at a global commodities company.
About the Data Engineer role:
Reporting to the Engineering manager, you will work with different teams to help gather requirement like key metrics, building data pipelines, as well as identifying data sources for dashboard implementation.
- Capture business requirements and translating into technical specifications
- Provide critical thinking to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to correct conclusions based on the findings
- Define data sources and specifications, design and implement processes and models for complex, large-scale datasets used for predictive modelling, data mining, and research purposes
- Provide Azure technical design and thought leadership in terms of Lead ideation, experimentation, hypotheses formulation and testing
- Design and implement analytics dashboards to track key business metrics, establishing baselines, targets, averages, and benchmarks
- Interpret and analyse data problems, turning business problems into data insights
- Work with various people from the tech and marketing teams in meeting milestones, timelines, and deliverables for projects
- Collate and present key findings to stakeholders with actionable recommendations
- Ensure data quality and integrity
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you must be experienced in deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and supporting highly distributed applications using Azure, data analytics and visualisation tools.
- Degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Data Science, Business Analytics, Computing or related quantitative discipline
- More than four years' experience as a Data Engineer supporting finance division in the areas of performance reporting is essential
- Data engineering experience with strong knowledge of Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks
- Working experience with Python, R, or SQL, and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Proficiency with data wrangling and ETL is highly advantageous
- Experience with commodities is preferred
- Ability to multitask, quick to adapt and able to work in fast paced environment. Having worked in an agile environment is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, to communicate complex analytical and technical content clearly and effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a company whose data team is constantly evolving and growing, and to apply data analytics to real world situations.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Data Engineer job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1986634 Alphonsus Sim Zheng Wei
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 26 January 2023An exciting Data Engineer Lead job opportunity has become available at a leading e-commerce company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 15 January 2023An exciting Data Engineer - Azure job opportunity has become available at a leading e-commerce company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 04 January 2023An exciting Lead Data Scientist job opportunity has become available at a leading financial services organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 27 January 2023A multinational financial services company is seeking a high-calibre Senior Java Developer. In this job, you will join its team in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 19 January 2023One of the biggest banks globally is recruiting for a high-potential Production Support - DevOps job for their team in Singapore.