Singapore Business Unit Head
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 07 November 20192019-11-07 2020-01-06 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 120000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Singapore Business Unit Head is responsible for achieving business objectives through the sales team by developing and leading a motivated team of sales personnel. In this job, you will strategically achieve or exceed annual sales budget assigned to the team and be responsible for the work performance of each team member.
About the Singapore Business Unit Head Role:
Reporting directly to the regional head in this business critical position, you will be entirely accountable for this company's entire Singapore sales and business.
- Evaluate sales opportunities and assign sales territories with equitable workloads to sales representatives in ensuring optimum coverage and minimum expenditure
- Manage the sales team, develop a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets and promoting the organisation’s presence
- Ensure two-way adequate flow of information from the field to the management. To effectively follow the reporting and administrative procedures with regular and accurate information to the immediate superior
- Implement effective pricing policy to achieve business goals
- Provide competitive information to help establish the most profitable prices in bidding for tenders and to follow closely the results of our quotations
- Effectively train the sales team in territory management to enable them to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities. Make regular joint calls with sales representatives to coach sales representatives in order to upgrade general selling skills and to ensure proper use of selling aids. Periodically assess the medical representative’s product knowledge and selling skills and make the necessary recommendations to the management
- Conduct induction training for new recruits. Identify talents and set clear development plans for direct reports
- Recruitment and selection of medical representatives: discuss possible personnel movements and agree on recruitment plan, if necessary
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure that the planned strategies and programs are implemented as per plan. Timely feedback on market and competitor intelligence to the marketing team during monthly meetings. Recommend counteracting measures where necessary
- Establish a high level of contact with key customers/TLs and medical trade associations. Establish a presence in territories, with regular visits and contacts with TLs and MOH
You need to be customer-focused, able to plan, align and instil trust as well as build effective teams to be successful in such a role.
- Tertiary education, preferably with a pharmacy or science degree
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in pharmaceutical sales with five years of sales management experience
- Strong leadership with people management skills and a strategic thinker
- Hands-on and able to understand the customers (HCPs) and able to communicate effectively and connect the objectives to snr/product specialists
- Strong presentation, planning and organisational skills
- Strong sense of commitment and dedication, with sense of urgency to get things done and results-driven attitude with integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player, adaptable and versatile with the ability to work across different cultures
This leading healthcare firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their niche therapeutic areas. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of sales and sales management in pharmaceuticals and enjoy working in a team environment, and are looking to take your career forward, this Singapore Business Unit Head is the role for you.
Apply to this exciting position now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal