Business Intelligence & Business Development Lead
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 28 March 20192019-03-28 2019-05-27 science-and-research Singapore SG SGD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
Due to global successes and expansion into the region, a Business Intelligence and Business Development Lead job has just become available at a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services to laboratories worldwide.
About the Business Intelligence and Business Development Lead Role:
In this business critical role, you will be reporting directly to Global Head of Business Intelligence & Business Development, and responsible for developing and implementing strategy spanning company’s entire product portfolio as part of the global business strategy.
- Enable the Business to develop their product strategies and forecast for new products
- Use an extensive network in life sciences to develop key relationships within the Region and engage with the market to identify trends and emerging technologies and solutions
- Conduct market and competitive analysis related to products, positioning, pricing, product development and share-of-wallet for company products
- Provide insight into key customers, key opinion leaders and their needs and requirements to drive developments and competitive positioning in the Business Portfolio, the Competence Centre, and the Market Region Sales organisation
- Gather, monitor and present market and competitive intelligence to enable decisions made by the Regional management team
- Guide global teams in identify market and customer segments to drive growth, and develop strategies to capitalise on these opportunities
- Act as technology and scientific scout for the Research & Development team, and provide corresponding customer and key opinion leader introductions as a chaperone during field tests for new products and/or product features
- Work with the Market Region and Sales during customer visits and at trade shows to help them generate going-to-market strategies to capitalise on new opportunities, new approaches and new market segments across the Region
As the first hire in Singapore you will need to be a self-started, motivated and ambitious individual to succeed in this role. As this is a customer-facing role, you will also need be knowledgeable and with a network in the Life Sciences space in Singapore, with a confident personality to be the face of the company and build strong relations.
- Excellent insights, knowledge and network of cutting-edge life-science, biological and biomedical sciences, biotech/industrial, pharma and clinical environments with a focus on trends and on the future
- Solid scientific/technical educational background, minimum bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline,
- Previous work on the interface of the customer in research and development, sales, marketing, business development and/or new market development, MBA advantageous
- Expertise and knowledge of methods and analysis tools in competitive intelligence, market research and business development especially around new markets
- Experience in working in a matrix driven environment
- Team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, effective networking and results oriented analytical power
- Comfortable with travel
The company is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services to laboratories worldwide for academic as well commercial research, and across various industries such as pharmaceutical, biotechnological and clinical diagnostics.
If you are looking for a role that allows you to run a business independently and have a track-record in life sciences industry in Singapore, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss.
Apply now or reach me for further details.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal