Cluster Business Unit Head
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-03-04 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 180000 190000 190000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Cluster Business Head position has just opened up at a globally renowned Pharmaceutical company. You will be responsible to lead a team of 30 across three countries.
About the Cluster Business Head Role:
In this business critical role, reporting directly and working closely with the Head of Region, you will be responsible for defining the business strategy for 3 countries (including Singapore), leading all commercial and supporting function teams.
- Business Commercial & Financial Success: Deliver agreed upon operating plan and budget, ensuring sales, expenses and EBIT meet or exceed targets. Establish strategic direction for the company’s long-term growth within the region
- Business Planning: In-depth knowledge of customers and insightful and creative strategic planning, optimal allocation of resources needed to achieve the goals and objectives, creation and execution of flexible and adaptive strategic operating plans that incorporate rapid change
- People Development: Lead, motivate and develop individuals as well as cross-functional and functional teams, Ensure the development of reward and recognition programs that reinforce high performance
- Business & Product Development: identification, planning and exploitation of new products, brands or trade opportunities to develop the business. Analyse strategy and operating plans in order to identify sales and/or profit gaps and whether a new brand / line extension / acquisition is required
- External Relationships: broad network of productive relationships with key contacts, opinion leaders, local government, regulatory authorities and agencies, industry, and relevant stakeholders in full respect of the corporate compliance requirements
To succeed in this role you must have had the experience and ability to manage Profit & Loss effectively and lead a high performing sales team in a pharmaceutical company.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Health care related fields is an essential - an MBA would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated track record of producing outstanding results as a leader of teams and/or organisations
- Extensive pharmaceutical and broader health care business knowledge; minimum 10 years
- Significant and successful experience in leading / managing people; minimum five years
- Experience influencing the external environment (e.g., distributors, interacting with government, regulatory bodies, media, industry groups)
- Demonstrated record of sound judgement and intelligent decision-making, ability to think and act strategically
- Considerable ability to build long-term internal and external customer loyalty by taking interest in the welfare of customers, anticipating their needs, and fulfilling their expectations
- Demonstrated conflict management, influencing and negotiation skills (e.g., ability to achieve win-win resolutions with key stakeholders; strong customer focus)
- Strong communication skills; fluent and able to persuade others in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to handle significant jumps in scale and scope; to learn rapidly in new and challenging situations
This leading health care firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their niche therapeutic areas. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record of business management and enjoy working in a team environment, and are looking to take your career forward, this is the role for you!
Apply to this exciting position now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal