Director/VP Business Development, APAC
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-16 pharmaceuticals 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Director/VP Business Development, APAC job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading global pharmaceutical company. As the Head of Business Development for the entire APAC business for this company, the role has been created to drive the development and growth of the company through licensing, acquisition and other forms of collaborative agreements.
About the Director/VP Business Development, APAC Role:
In this business-critical role, you will report directly to the CEO of APAC and to the Global Head of Business Development in headquarters. You will be responsible for identifying significant number of opportunities to be evaluated and finalised for Asia Pacific in line with corporate and regional priorities and strategy. You will also be managing and developing a sizeable team of regional and in-country direct reports, and working cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes.
- Achieve growth expectations through licensing and acquisitions of companies/products
- Generate new business opportunities scouting for opportunities at regional and local level
- Coordinate/present investment proposals from across the region and internationally to the Board of Directors as required
- Perform detailed due diligence reports in support of licensing and/or acquisition opportunities
- Participate in developing long and short term strategy to achieve the growth objectives
- Assist corporate in developing regional strategy, tactics and business growth drivers
- Lead internal evaluation process, partners interaction and contract negotiations
As this regional Director/VP Business Development, APAC position involves multiple stakeholder management, you will need to have good interpersonal skills and be able to work with different cultures to be successful in this role. You will need to be capable of empowering the country team to bring out trust, confidence and the best in them, simultaneously representing APAC to global and other regional counterparts.
- University degree in Science/Business; MBA preferable
- Managerial and leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry with business development, commercial, and marketing responsibilities
- Minimum 10 years' experience across the Asia Pacific Region is essential; an in-depth understanding of markets
- Excellent financial acumen
- Ability to make commercial profitable business decisions
- Ability to develop effective business/financial models
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical markets
- Ability to negotiate effectively at executive level
- Good skills in MS Excel (prerequisite), Access and Project (preferable)
- Travel – as required within Asia Pacific and outside of Asia
This is a biopharmaceutical company with a heritage of over 100 years, with 15,000+ employees and present in over 100 countries worldwide. The APAC region is headquartered in Singapore, with local affiliates in 13 major markets, including China.
If you have a proven track record in closing sizeable business deals within the pharmaceutical space across APAC and want to join an organisation that values its employees and has been achieving YOY double-digit growth, this is the role for you.
Apply today or contact me for more information.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal