Country Manager, Singapore & Malaysia
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 14 May 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rapidly expanding Fortune 500 Medical Device MNC has an exciting Country Manager, Singapore & Malaysia job vacancy. The role is responsible for all elements of business performance; driving significant revenue and profit growth through the effective commercial strategies with the local teams and alliance partners to develop relationships with customers, and create new business networks and connectivity, while identifying and evaluating new opportunities.
About the Country Manager, Singapore & Malaysia Role:
This newly-created role will report directly to the Managing Director of Emerging Asia region, and be a critical member of the Emerging Asia Leadership Team. You will be taking full P&L responsibility and accountability for Singapore and Malaysia, formulating and executing competitive commercial strategies that align with the company directives to achieve short and long-term revenue growth.
- Successfully achieve multiple new product launches with associated metrics, ensuring that deep customer, competitor & environmental insights are incorporated into plans and execution
- Develop and implement strategy for additional growth drivers such as inorganic business development, as well as other solutions and services
- Hire, develop, and retain talent, while developing a robust pipeline of diverse team members with skills to succeed in a complex and dynamic marketplace
- Leadership of all customer facing activities, including marketing, sales, professional education, key customer and distributor management nationwide
- Development of new/existing KOL relationships and association with relevant key clinicians
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure excellent functional performance including Finance, QRA, IT, HR, Communications and Legal and Compliance
As a senior leader for the company, it is essential you embody and instil company culture and values. We are seeking someone influential, resilient, ambitious and courageous, can think and act strategically yet be willing to roll up their sleeves and spend time “in the trenches” with the “troops” when needed. You should possess the ability to build mutually beneficial networks and partnerships with key external leaders and agencies to develop value-generating solutions. You should also have a minimum of 10+ years of progressive leadership experience, preferably in medical device or the pharmaceutical/health care industry.
- Proven ability in delivering strong P&L with a track record in generating profit and ensuring sales growth in Malaysia and Singapore
- Ability to create a performance and values-driven culture, setting strong foundations for business growth
- Demonstrated enterprise mindset, with ability to influence and collaborate in a global, matrix-ed environment to achieve business objectives
- Ability to lead and think strategically and yet is hands-on, operationally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science at the least, Master’s preferred.
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross – functional teams and at the same time ability to work independently, takes initiative and work with some ambiguity
This international firm needs no introduction and is a recognised leader in its field of expertise. It is a global, integrated health care services and products company, providing customised solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centres, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide, with over 100 years of legacy, 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, and ranking among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
This is an opportunity to be part of a global market leader with a dynamic and inspiring working environment. This role as a Country Manager, Singapore & Malaysia will also provide numerous opportunities for further personal as well as professional development.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal