Salary Market aligned
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 10 September 20192019-09-10 2019-11-09 science-and-research Singapore SG SGD 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Research Scientist position has just become available at a globally leading nutrition company. This company has been experiencing double-digit growth in this region, and hence have set up an R&D centre catering to APAC in Singapore. This is an opportunity to join their dynamic team in driving research and new product development for their core business in the beverages category.
About the Research Scientist Role:
As a Research Scientist for this company's Regional APAC R&D Centre here in Singapore, you will work independently to develop beverage formulas using the company's nutritional ingredients in customer-specific applications/processes, and make recommendations to customers.
- Conduct beverage pilot or commercial trials with customers, take food and supplement formulations from bench-top to pilot plant and commercialisation
- Respond quickly to customer requests for technical support and trouble shooting. Provide high quality prototypes for customers meetings, trade shows, and seminars. Travel to meet customers across Asia
- Establish a strong working relationship with product strategic management and sales teams to ensure that new products can be commercialised in a smooth, rapid manner
- Provide technical training to the sales team about the company's nutritional products and functional beverage categories
- Create new beverage concepts that challenge existing market products. Keep up to date with new product launches and market trends in the beverage category
- Develop nutrition labels and ingredient labels using R&D software that meet regional regulatory requirements
- Plan and design robust experiments, testing various ingredient limitations in UHT processes and provide statistical analysis
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of laboratory and pilot plant equipment and housekeeping of the laboratory ingredients and consumable replacements for beverage category
- Deliver technical presentations at conferences, meetings, trade shows and customer visits
To succeed in this Research Scientist role that focuses on beverages, prior experience in the beverages industry is essential. This includes experience flavouring a wide variety of beverage concepts, and familiarity with lab equipment including beverage plant, blenders, UHT system, testing equipment, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS); Master’s (MS) degree in Food Science or similar field is preferred
- Five years' related experience in the Food Science or a similar field
- Experience with formulating food products is preferred, particularly looking for beverage and dairy experience, including successful development and commercialisation of such products, with a strong understanding of proteins, stabilisers system, sweeteners, fibre, flavour and starch, and how ingredients interact with processing to form desirable textures and flavours in food applications
- Solid understanding of thermal beverage processing
- Proficient computer skills that allow analysis and interpretation of scientific data, graphics, statistical analysis and preparation of publication quality manuscripts
- Must be able to travel globally, up to 20% of working time
This company is global MNC player with market-leading position in sports nutrition, cheese, dairy ingredients, speciality non-dairy ingredients and vitamin and mineral premixes. They have enjoyed double-digit growth YOY in the APAC region.
If you possess the relevant experience and looking to join a rapidly expanding business that can also expose you to future career and learning opportunities, this Research Scientist role is for you.
Apply today to learn more!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal