Head of Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific and China
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific and China job has just been made available at a globally renowned, top 10 organisation in the beauty, personal care and health and wellness space.
About the Head of Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific and China Role:
In this business critical role, you will be reporting directly to the HQ in USA and responsible for developing Asia-Pacific regional compliance strategy for company's entire product portfolio. You will communicate anticipated impact of pending regulations on existing products and new product development to R&D, develop strategies to minimise impact of product compliance, develop and execute government negotiation strategies, as well as facilitate regional implementation of key corporate governance programmes.
This is an exciting senior leadership role which as overall responsibility for the company's regulatory affairs function in the Asia-Pacific region, and the entire diversified portfolio consisting of cosmetics, personal care, food/health supplements. You will be accountable for effective deployment of Regulatory Affairs resources to facilitate and support successful implementation business strategies, product compliance with raw ingredient restrictions and regulations pertaining to product composition, product registration, product notification, claims, reporting and labelling requirements.
- Direct and oversee the regulatory work processes governing APAC Regulatory Affairs effectiveness from concept to commercialisation of R&D innovation portfolio and maintain validity of inline products
- Demonstrate (KPIs) on time product notifications, registrations and approvals, support product and claim compliance
- Support new concepts and new business opportunities in collaboration with APAC Innovation team & multifunctional regional business partners
- Lead China RA function, directly supervising China RA team in delivering timely product registration and product notification
- Effectively responding to actual or anticipated regulatory changes in APAC and China
- Manage regulatory intelligence acquisition (including impactful trade association participation, e.g. CAFFCI)
- Impact assessment and communicate in furtherance to proactive implementation of compliance strategy to minimise business impact
- Lead regional regulatory driven reform project
- Build engagement and retention to create an engaged high performing APAC and China RA organisation
To succeed in this Head of Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific and China role, you must be an experienced people manager capable of making risk management decisions, supervising the efforts of regulatory affairs professionals virtually across the region and have the ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, pharmacy or related scientific discipline. Post graduate qualifications/PhD are a significant advantage
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in regulatory affairs in the Asia-Pacific region is essential. Specific regulatory knowledge and operational experience in China is critical to the success of this role
- Broad understanding of existing and emerging international ingredient restriction and regulatory framework and in-depth knowledge of Asia-Pacific regulations pertaining to product composition, ingredient restriction, product registration, labelling and claim requirements
- Good oral and written communication skill in English and Chinese language, as you will be supporting the APAC and China markets
- Excellent organisational management, leadership and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where team work is essential
- Sensitive to cultural differences and adapt negotiation strategies appropriately
This company is a globally renowned, top 10 organisation in the beauty, personal care and health and wellness space. They are multi-billion dollar organisation with a huge global team selling directly to consumers.
If you possess the relevant experience and looking to elevate your career taking on this senior leadership position, do not miss this Head of Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific and China opportunity.
Apply today or call me to find out more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal