Compliance Manager - APAC
Salary SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 01 July 20192019-07-01 2019-08-30 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting job opportunity as a Compliance Manager - APAC has become available at an industry leader of alternative tobacco technology in the US. This is a great time to join the firm as they continue to establish their Asia HQ in Singapore.
About the Compliance Manager - APAC Role:
The firm’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Headquartered in the US and backed by leading technology investor, this firm is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries. They have an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on their mission. They are actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
- Overall responsibility for delivering compliance programmes across a subset of APAC markets
- Assist with the roll out of global and regional compliance programmes and implementation, including the tracking of specific projects and initiatives across multiple geographies
- Promote compliance initiatives working with other global and regional functions to identify, investigate and mitigate/resolve compliance issues, as appropriate
- Ability to perform risk assessments and understand the level, significance and scope of the various risks and consolidate this to provide a clear picture of the risk landscape
- Promote a greater understanding of company compliance systems and procedures through a comprehensive training and awareness programme and supporting local markets.
- Monitor areas including but not limited to age verification, marketing and sales compliance, supplier and customer compliance, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, trade compliance, sanctions compliance, conflict of interest, speak-up
- Provide feedback to group and regional compliance on the local implementation of policies and procedures
- Research into new compliance areas and maintenance of regulation matrix across covered countries
- The ideal candidate would have extensive experience of risk, audit, compliance or legal experience - preferably a combination of these gained in a major multinational
- Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels of seniority and across different geographies and culture
- Significant exposure to regulated industries specifically medical devices/pharmaceuticals, CPG, food and beverage - preferably a combination of these
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organisation, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
- Articulate, pragmatic, commercially minded, analytical and solutions-focused, with exceptional drive and enthusiasm
- Good analytical skills, capable of thinking logically, using initiative and systematically able to resolve problems
- Self-starter able to function in high performance rapidly changing environment with minimal support
- Fluent in English and other languages (Korean/Mandarin Chinese/Japanese) preferred as the candidate will have to deal with stakeholders from across Asia
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this could be the role you are looking for.
Apply today or email me to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon