Regional Medical Adviser, Asia
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 06 December 2018 2018-12-062019-01-29 pharmaceuticals 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
In this newly created role of Regional Medical Adviser due to company expansion, you will ensure communication and alignment of company product strategy to local Medical affairs team, and cross functional teams. You will be planning and implementing new launches and be critical in the growth of the business.
About the Regional Medical Advisor Role:
Reporting directly to the regional Medical Director and working closely with the General Manager of the region, you will be primarily responsible to guide and support local Medical Affairs activities in SEA, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and India. You will also serve as the main point of contact between global and local teams, and build and maintain relations with relevant health care practitioners (HCPs) / Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Provide scientific / medical information by telephone, written / or face-to-face contact to the internal and external stakeholders by:
- Proactive presentations on the appropriate disease area and marked products in the approved indications
- Reactive responses to unsolicited requests for information on marked products in the unapproved indications and company product pipeline research programs
- Participate in the local / regional congresses, external education and training events as appropriate
- Provide medical support to the speakers at local / regional scientific / medical meetings
- Communicate with the appropriate internal contact of any competitor intelligence or horizon scanning information and any scientific or clinical opportunities from the external stakeholders
- Deliver lectures on scientific, clinical and technical topics spontaneously when requested
- Assist in the organisation and scientific support of key external national and regional events such as the satellite symposia
- Attend the appropriate scientific congresses to interact with the HCPs and develop knowledge in the relevant therapy areas
- Contribute to the national and regional round-table-meetings and / or advisory panels to stimulate scientific exchange between the physicians in the relevant therapy areas
- Participate in the external education and training events as appropriate
To succeed in the Regional Medical Advisor job, you must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in medical affairs of a pharmaceutical company in oncology, preferably supplemented with exceptionally strong academic / research background in oncology.
- Medical Degree or equivalent. PhD with industry experience in Oncology may also be considered.
- Good English communication, interpersonal, decision-making and issue resolution skill
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organisation, whether internal or external relationships to the organisation.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Comfortable with ad-hoc travel
This multinational company is an exception in the pharmaceutical industry with leading products in niche speciality care areas, exciting new products in the pipeline, and YOY growth despite the challenging industry environment. With a lean and dynamic team, you will be given a fast-track career progression opportunity and a lot of accountability.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional Medical Adviser job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal