Regional Medical & Clinical Affairs Manager
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-28 pharmaceuticals 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rapidly expanding bio-tech company is seeking an experienced Medical and Clinical Affairs Manager. This job opportunity is a newly-created role to educate and develop leading academic physicians on the most current scientific data to support the appropriate use and clinical value of company's products in the regional HQ in Singapore, covering Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
About the Regional Medical & Clinical Affairs Manager Role:
Reporting directly and working closely with the Chief Medical Officer for AMEA, you will be supporting commercial operations and marketing through education and training, seeking opportunities to engage key opinion leaders (KOLs), and identifying opportunities for collaboration on relevant clinical research and other scientific projects to support the growth and usage of company products.
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key academic and KOLs to promote understanding and adoption of novel diagnostic technologies
- Prepare scientific materials (slides, handouts, etc.) to support educational activities of products
- Identify and position KOLs to present at scientific forums from the local level to national and international speciality society meetings, including CME events at targeted venues
- Facilitate opportunities for company to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings and scientific forums
- Seek from KOLs and provide insight to internal stakeholders regarding unmet medical needs that may be addressed through the application of company products
- Support the development of clinical data through company sponsored, investigator-sponsored, and collaborative studies
- Provide scientific expertise into study concepts; participate in building study synopsis, protocols, and other study documents; and liaise with affiliates and investigators
- Provide medical review of all product promotional material according to corporate standards and local regulations
- Provide medical information to channel partners, marketing team, business development team, doctors, and health authorities to address their questions, issues and concerns about company products, with support from Client Services
To be shortlisted and successful in this Regional Medical & Clinical Affairs Manager role, the relevant background and experience is essential along with the right culture fit and attitude. This is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial role that needs someone who is willing to be flexible and do more than the "JD" requires.
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position)
- Minimum of three to five years' health care experience in the pharmaceutical or bio-tech industry; clinical expertise or related experience in Cancer / Diagnostics is essential; prior experience in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organisation, whether internal or external relationships to the organisation
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever-changing dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative
- Highly developed written skills; the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organisation for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic round-tables and meetings
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows
- Comfortable with ad-hoc travel
This company is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and the first company to commercialise a comprehensive testing technology. It is a US-based company expanding into Asia, Middle East and Africa.
If you have the required skill-sets, are ambitious and looking for the career opportunity where you can really be held accountable for your decisions to support YOY double-digit business growth, this Regional Medical & Clinical Affairs Manager role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal