Regional Medical Science Liaison / Advisor
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 11 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A newly-created Regional Medical Science Liaison / Advisor job based in Singapore has just become available at a rapidly growing pharmaceutical MNC, responsible for driving all medical related activities and events for the core product of the company, including spearheading its launch (new indications and product line extensions) in some of the markets.
About the Regional Medical Science Liaison / Advisor Role:
Reporting directly to the regional Medical Director and working closely with the General Manager of the region, you will track, manage and communicate on the product-evolving evidence base and support the therapeutic area health care practitioners (HCPs), including local / regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) for a blockbuster product. You will also facilitate and support the External Sponsored Studies (ESS) in line with the company's product strategy.
- Provide scientific / medical information by telephone, written or face-to-face contact to the internal and external stakeholders by:
- Proactive presentations on the appropriate disease area and marked products in the approved indications
- Reactive responses to unsolicited requests for information on marked products in the unapproved indications and company product pipeline research programs
- Organise and participate in the local / regional congresses, external education and training events as appropriate
- Provide medical support to the speakers at local / regional scientific / medical meetings
- Communicate with the appropriate internal contact of any competitor intelligence or horizon scanning information and any scientific or clinical opportunities from the external stakeholders
- Deliver lectures on scientific, clinical and technical topics spontaneously when requested
- Assist in the organisation and scientific support of key external national and regional events such as the satellite symposia
- Attend the appropriate scientific congresses to interact with the HCPs and develop knowledge in the relevant therapy areas
- Organise and contribute to the national and regional round-table-meetings and / or advisory panels to stimulate scientific exchange between the physicians in the relevant therapy areas
- Organise and participate in the external education and training events as appropriate
To succeed and to be considered for this Regional Medical Science Liaison / Advisor role, you need to possess a minimum of two years' experience as an MSL for a pharmaceutical company. The title of the role is flexible depending on the seniority and experience of the candidates between MSL or Medical Advisor, although the role remains one predominantly focused on field-based Medical Affairs activities.
- Medical degree, bachelor's in Pharmacy, or Ph.D educational qualification
- A minimum of two years' experience in MSL medical affairs of a pharmaceutical company, or exceptionally strong academic / research background in neuroscience, toxins, or aesthetics field
- Good English communication, interpersonal, decision-making and issue resolution skills
This multinational company is an exception in the pharmaceutical industry with leading products in niche speciality care areas, exciting new products in the pipeline, and YOY growth despite the challenging industry environment. With a lean and dynamic team, you will be given a fast-track career progression opportunity and a lot of accountability.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal