Professional Education and Training Manager, APAC
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 12 September 20192019-09-12 2019-11-11 medical-and-nursing Singapore SG SGD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
In this exciting Professional Education and Training Manager, APAC job, you will be responsible for designing, delivering and evaluating instructor-led courses, distance learning tools such as computer-based training modules, skills-based practical workshops for participants, to ensure understanding of operative procedures and responsiveness to surgeon needs.
About the Professional Education and Training Manager, APAC Role:
A critical piece of the commercial team in this role, you will be providing technical training for employees within the Asia Pacific sales force as well as soft skills (selling, coaching, facilitation, etc.) training. In this cross-functional role, you will also be working closely with the commercial team to drive new product launches.
- Designs, delivers and evaluates instructor-led courses and distance learning tools such as computer-based training modules
- Facilitates skills-based practical workshops for participants to ensure understanding of operative procedures and responsiveness to surgeon needs
- Designs, plans and conducts laboratory exercises, including cadaver labs
- Continuously revises and updates training materials and content for the benefit of the learner to reflect new techniques, new products and new training technology as well as changes in the market
- Assesses strengths and weaknesses of trainees via participant evaluations and provide feedback to their managers using a structured evaluation report
- Manages contracts for the engagement of HCPs to run assigned surgeon-led sales training
- Liaises with Marketing and Product Managers to facilitate training for new products in advance of market release. Maintains regular communication with the product development team and marketing to share information and address issues
- Demonstrates a high level of technical, product and clinical knowledge. Maintains and enhance technical and market knowledge through regular field visits, attendance at related courses and self-study
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to manage, influence and negotiate with various stakeholders such as with country leads and staff on training needs and resources, HCPs on the field, hence strong communication and relationship-building qualities are essential.
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum, preferably in nursing
- A minimum of five years’ experience in sales or marketing in medical devices, preferably in Spine products
- Possess deep technical knowledge and sharp business acumen
- Highly-motivated self starter with the commitment to lead and see a project to completion
- Able to travel up to 30% of time to conduct technical training in other countries within Asia Pacific region
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Creative, proactive and energetic
- High attention to detail
- Able and willing to learn new concepts, products and technology within assigned time frame
- Able and willing to use digital and technology solutions. Able to embrace and promote the adoption of technology in education
Taking up this role, you will join one of the world's largest and most well-recognised healthcare brands and companies in the world. They have a 100+ year legacy, and are also renowned for their employer-branding and practices, so you can be assured you will be well-treated in terms of personal and professional development.
If you have commercial and preferably training experience in medical devices, this Professional Education and Training Manager, APAC role is an opportunity you do not want to miss.
Apply now to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal