Regional Marketing Manager, Medical Devices
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 19 June 20192019-06-19 2019-08-18 medical-and-nursing Singapore SG SGD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Regional Marketing role has opened up at a global top 10 MedTech company responsible for the formulation and execution of marketing and market development strategies to identify and drive company’s largest portfolio to leadership in the ASEAN region.
About the Regional Market Development Manager Role:
This is a business-critical role where you go beyond the typical marketing responsibilities to also focus on the development of strategies related to KOL engagement, HE&R, economic sales programmes, and post-approval clinical studies/registries required to drive market adoption. The role will require deep insights into customer's needs and the competitive landscape, assessing new market opportunities, and developing a suitable strategic response to maximise opportunities in the country/sub-region.
- Strategic Planning and Marketing: Formulate guidelines and develop strategic plan for the franchise. Conduct market research and analysis of market trends, customer needs, competitor's activities (e.g., pricing, product launches, technology advancement) and use the information to identify/create new business opportunities and support the development of marketing strategies customised for each country/region to drive significant growth. Develop pricing strategies to maximise revenue and profitability
- Business Planning (AOP): Develop/support Annual Operating Plan for franchise across the regions
- Market (Market Conditions, Customers, Competitors) Analysis: Lead execution of market analysis activities (Market research, identification of new opportunities, therapies, technology advancement, competitors etc.) to generate insights to support the development of marketing strategies
- Marketing Operations: Initiate and lead the design and implementation of marketing programs for the country/region, develop networks and establish advisory boards; ensure alignment of own activities with relevant functions (Finance, Supply Chain, Health Economics, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality), establish strategic vendor relationships and periodically review effectiveness of marketing operations across the country/region
- Product Life Cycle Management: Lead and monitor the execution of product plans (like new product launches etc.); oversee coordination with operations team to manage the supply chain for products, review monthly forecasts, backorders & plan inventory transitions for new products, track portfolio performance and ensure accurate and timely reporting across the country/region for own franchise
- Marketing Communications: Monitor execution of company branding/ marketing communications for the franchise across the country/region; provide inputs for brand messaging; monitor and evaluate impact to ensure appropriate brand positioning for own products
- Industry Knowledge: Keep abreast of key industry, healthcare and economic trends, competitive developments, as well as clinical, technical and regulatory developments; identify risks and key implications for the franchise and take appropriate actions to reflect market conditions. Obtain voice of customer from physicians, suppliers, and other key stakeholders, and modify and prioritise strategies
- Clinical Excellence: Ensure clinical success through the education and training of physicians and hospital staff on product, follow-up and on-going patient monitoring procedures. Maintain the skills and knowledge to sell the product line to all applicable buying influences and is able to differentiate product line against the competitor’s products
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders/ KOLs/economic buyers and influencers as relevant to own domain; participate in conferences/ symposiums, guide program design in order to develop advocates to communicate key company messages to the medical community
- Sales Enablement: Liaise with regional/in-country sales leadership to align sales and marketing objectives; lead sales team capability needs assessment and guide programs for capability building on products and clinical messaging; troubleshoot escalated issues of product inventory/ positioning/ pricing to ensure achievement of franchise objectives through coordinated sales and marketing
Entrepreneurial outlook such as the ability to quickly size up and seize opportunities and willingness to take risks are essential to success in this role. Given the extensive collaboration needed with regional marketing, HE&R, clinical/medical affairs, in-country sales and KOLs / HCP’s you need to demonstrate multiple stakeholder management and negotiation ability to be considered for the role.
- At least five years' experience with direct product line management, strategic planning, and market development in medical devices
- Skills in market development, marketing science, financial modelling for marketing plans and budget management, driving elaboration and execution of strategic projects
- Financial acumen and savviness. Financial skills to manage franchise related OPEX
- Good communication / presentation skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Completed undergraduate degree; M.B.A. preferred but not required
- Medical device sales experience would be appreciated
This role is for a global top 10 medical device company, consistently rated as the most innovative and employee-friendly companies to work for. It's business is exponentially growing organically (with regular new product launches) and inorganically (made double digit number of acquisitions in 2018 alone).
If you are driven, proactive and want to propel your career forward with a highly reputable company, do not miss this opportunity.
Apply today or reach out directly to me for further information.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal