Regional Head of Portfolio Management
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-05-13 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 280000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A leading international generics and biosimilars company is seeking a high-calibre and growth-driven Regional Head of Portfolio Management to lead go-to-market strategy, portfolio optimisation and new launches across 88 markets.
About the Regional Head of Portfolio Management Role:
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Portfolio Management, you will be responsible for defining, operationalising and implementing a portfolio strategy including a long term pipeline plan for 3 to 15 years. You will be leading a team spread across the region, and represent Asia in the Global Portfolio Committee for this company, influencing and building strong relations with Country Heads, Global/regional Business Development, Global/regional Regulatory as well as Strategic Planning, and Global Launch Management.
- Ensure the evaluation and selection of the right portfolio opportunities at the country and regional level for both existing footprint and long-term expansion plays to ensure a more aggressive positioning of the company
- Work closely with regional Strategic planning, Global Development and regulatory, Business Development and other Portfolio managers to select products to launch in the region
- Review and approve forecasts /business cases (all new products/all scopes) related to Global pipeline. Provide portfolio analysis for priotization and budget allocation to projects
- Propose and lead in country workshops to engage Country Heads and in countries functions to assure mid-long term portfolio plan. Recommend and align on product opportunities in liaison with regional Franchises and
- Lead valuation / business cases for pipeline that guide the strategic investment and portfolio management decisions and help shape and drive the pipeline. Fully understands business cases including competitive landscape, clinical requirements and other potential external factors which may have influence on future development projects
- Ensure timely submissions of registration plans and coordination of strategic registration projects & processes within the regulatory functions Global / regional competences centres. Coordinate and facilitate assessment of launches in assuring regulatory, supply chain, patent, trademarks timely input to facilitate launch date estimate
- Work closely and develop an effective hand-over with local and regional launch excellence for launch readiness and strengthening launch performance. Regroup global experts to address issues and implement effective solutions to secure registration and long term supply
- Talent & Team Management: Contribute to the job definition, recruiting and development of country-level portfolio managers, provide guidance and coaching to foster functional excellence across the region, Embody high performance culture, characterized by results orientation, collaboration across Portfolio community and supporting functions, to leverage skills and competences across the region
With the excessive involvement and understanding needed of marketing and overall commercial side of the business, if you have 15+ years of strong sales and marketing experience and at least some exposure to Go-To-Market Strategy planning, portfolio optimisation, and new launches, even if you're not in the same full functional role, you may still be considered. For the right candidate, the company is also willing to relocate them to Singapore for this business-critical role.
- Life Sciences Degree (Pharmacist, Biologist, Chemist, MD) or Business related Degree
- Fluency in English is a must
- Minimum 15 – 20 years of experience in the life sciences industry in consulting, portfolio management, and pharmaceutical launch management, project management, regulatory and/or marketing experience
- Relevant experience in big MNC Pharmaceutical companies would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Branded Generics would be an added advantage
- Proven ability to think strategically with an operational and commercial proven experience
This company is a global leader and needs no introduction – one the largest, most renowned, offering one of the most extensive drug offerings. The company is committed to helping every employee realize their potential and to making them feel part of a remarkable employee community. You will work with talented individuals - experts in their field - and be inspired by some of the best leaders in the industry.
If you are qualified based on the above requirements and are interested in the scope of the role, do not miss out this life-changing opportunity.
Apply today or reach me for further details.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal