Regional Pricing & Access Head
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-05-13 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 280000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A globally leading biopharma company is seeking a Regional Pricing & Access Head to define and implement policies across 88 markets for them. It is a business-critical role and you will be the voice of the region for the company, reporting directly to global and guiding local teams.
About the Regional Pricing & Access Head Role:
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Pricing & Access, you will be leading the pricing and access policy planning and implementation across the a massive region comprising of 88 countries. You will do this in close collaboration with the Patient Access colleagues in the countries and clusters, as well as country heads to ensure optimum pricing and access for the company across their comprehensive product portfolio.
- Be the reliable and visible contact point for countries and clusters seeking support from the global organization for pricing and access implementation. Identify in a proactive manner the key pricing and access situations requiring attention and support
- Support the development of a proactive decision framework for non-strategic brand, including Minimum Regional Prices for tendering
- Make pricing and access decisions according to governance through pricing platform and coordinate the elevation of cases to senior management as appropriate. Ensure appropriate support to countries to generate the required Price Certificates
- Strategic pricing scope: Contribute to the elaboration of the Launch Sequence, through the confirmation of key country assumptions. Prepare evaluation of sequencing trade-off implying country delays during Monthly cross-regional meeting. Provide input for tailoring the pricing and access strategy to the needs of emerging markets, together with cluster market access heads
- During implementation at launch or at time of price reviews, identify situations for which a definite challenge to the strategy or a significant access opportunity needs a specific solution, leveraging brand expertise of the Franchise (access and HEOR) with the local environment expertise of the country
- Identify future price evolution events (e.g. mandated price review, commercially driven price adjustment) and maintain a set of base case events validated with the support of pricing analytics
- Lead the development of a business case, together with the country(/cluster) for out-of-strategy proposals and prepare a summary for senior management escalation representing the various business interest of the Franchise, the Region and Global Patient Access. Formally convey the support decision for a price proposal (including proposals for Emerging Market Brands) through Price Platform to the country
- When product relevant, define with countries and cluster the region/cluster/country specific price evolution and tendering target criteria for the next business year
- Leverage Pricing Analytics, funds flow and regional finance to identify and manage non-profitable products
- Provide support for implementation of innovative Access Models for a sizeable opportunity, leveraging the models expertise of the Access Model Directors, Contribute to the scale up of innovative access models through the identification of a few high value opportunities in line with region and franchises
With the excessive involvement and understanding needed of marketing and overall commercial side of the business, to succeed in this Regional Pricing & Access Head role, you should have 15+ years of strong sales and marketing experience and at least some exposure to Access and Pricing. Even if your full functional role is not the same, you may still be considered. For the right candidate, the company is also willing to relocate them to Singapore for this business-critical role.
- Must possess Postgraduate degree in medicine, sciences, business administration health policy, health economic or other relevant qualification
- Fluency in English (second language desirable)
- Thought leader knowledge of pricing and reimbursement environment within the Region. Advanced knowledge on health care and/or health financing and/or health technology assessment across regions
- Advanced knowledge of price management and price negotiation through concrete experience at country level
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to draw implications of list and net price developments on the long term brand value
- Advanced skills in stakeholder engagement and influence
- 8+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, HTA, physician associations or health care consultancy companies
This company is a global biopharma leader and needs no introduction – one the largest, most renowned, offering one of the most extensive drug offerings. The company is committed to helping every employee realise their potential and to making them feel part of a remarkable employee community. You will work with talented individuals - experts in their field - and be inspired by some of the best leaders in the industry.
If you are qualified based on the above requirements and are interested in the scope of the role, do not miss out on this life-changing opportunity.
Apply today or reach me for further details.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal