Regional Pricing Lead, APAC
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-11-19 pharmaceuticals 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting and rare Regional Pricing Lead, APAC job position has just become available at one of the world’s leading biotech companies. Working multi-functionally and with senior leaders of the company, you will be providing leadership on all pricing strategies, programs and individual market requests for the entire product portfolio of the company.
About the Regional Pricing Lead, APAC Role:
Liaising and working closely with global Pricing Centre of Excellence, you will play a key role in contributing to the development of specific pricing strategies for the entire portfolio, especially with a robust new product launch pipeline, share best practices to champion selling on value vs. price and develop and maintain strategic pricing and negotiation skills in the markets. You will also be training in-country individuals on current pricing strategies and tactics so as to raise the pricing capabilities within the various international markets and clusters.
- Design, develop and implement pricing methodologies and analytical models that optimise profit contribution and ensure that these models and techniques are deployed and utilised by the markets to support strategic and tactical pricing decisions
- Optimise value extracted from pricing strategies by embedding customer perceptions into pricing decisions through price sensitivity and/or value based analyses, including relevant outcomes research and market research components and participation in market / pricing research design
- Leverage best practices across markets; develop and disseminate pricing protocols (channel pricing, tenders, discounts and rebates) to provide examples of successful strategies from other parts of the organisation
- Leverage other CoE functions across the different phases of value creation, value quantification and value capture to enhance and deploy best practices
- Liaise with Corporate Development and Lifecycle Management, providing expertise to set pricing guidelines for new products as well as inputs and pricing analyses for pricing lifecycle management
- Analyse and compare actual market pricing and recommend alignment where needed; define pricing corridors and acceptable deviations where appropriate, and identify pricing leakage in commercial policy; assist in simplifying commercial policies where possible and help revenue management practices in the markets
- Champion simplification of pricing review and approval processes, from new product introductions to the annual review of price increases
- Assist the KAM Lead within the CoE as well as the KAM leads in the markets with implementing innovative pricing strategies such as risk sharing, value sharing and other key account pricing strategies
As you will be negotiating, influencing and working with several internal and external stakeholders at varying level of seniority, communication and relationship-building skills are of utmost importance to be successful in this Regional Pricing Lead, APAC role.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's in Economics / MBA preferred
- A minimum of three years' successful experiences in regional pricing, marketing or outcomes research roles
- A strong knowledge of pricing research techniques, including elasticity, and of financial modelling tools, and strong financial acumen
- Ability to simultaneously deliver projects using commercial optimisation methodologies, and provide leadership on numerous projects; demonstrated ability to work in high performance teams
- Familiarity with customer and product segmentation approaches and how to tailor different offerings to different segments or product categories
- Demonstrated ability to engage and manage through influence across a large international organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to build collaborative working relationships with senior members of the business teams
- Agility, adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills; in particular, the ability to translate analytical approaches into how they apply to the business and operations
- Fluency in English required, other languages a plus
This company is dedicated to discovering, developing, manufacturing and commercialising a diverse portfolio of medicines and vaccines to meet the needs of HCPs, complemented by diagnostics products and genetics tests and supported by a range of services.
If you have a successful track record in pricing in pharmaceutical / biotech company and are looking to join a company that is a recognised leader in its niche therapeutic area, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this opportunity further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal