Global Pricing Lead
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 18 May 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An attractive job opportunity as the Global Pricing Lead at a reputable health-care company is made available. As the Global Pricing Lead for a varied and critical product portfolio, you will develop pricing road maps for key brands and markets, taking into account an in-depth understanding of local frameworks, to ensure price movements result in profitable business growth and incremental brand contribution.
About the Global Pricing Lead Role:
In this business-critical role and part of global commercial excellence team, you will be using option analysis for informed decision making, proactively delivering strategies on how price changes can positively impact growth across the brands.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understand overall market dynamics, relative market positioning of products against competitors, market access situation and future trends
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive archetype intelligence on key markets’ health-care systems, reimbursement systems, regulatory frameworks, route-to-market, guidelines on prescription settlement (branded/INN/generics)
- Map out the current pricing structure for each key market, taking into account standard margins/mark-ups that determine each pricing point (Price to Wholesaler, Price to Pharmacy, Price to Patient)
- Gain alignment with markets on appropriate internal and external data sources for pricing analytics. Leverage on available platforms, data and intelligence to provide insights to Brand and Channel teams for identifying, tracking and delivering targeted incremental turnover & profit opportunities improvement
- Develop narratives and proposals for desired price adjustments for selected markets with the support of price simulation scenarios resulting in option analysis for decision making
- Challenge pricing decisions through price/volume sensitivity analysis in order to optimise profitability; comparing value/volume forecast in current scenario vs. proposed scenario
- Influence adoption / sign-off of the proposed pricing opportunity to drive timely implementation
- Document agreed road maps for short to medium term implementation of price adjustments, and continue to track the ROI of such decisions
This role requires a strong business acumen and a strong end to end understanding of business dynamics to develop pricing strategies. This being a global role, you must have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build trusting business relationships with a strong emphasis on multi-cultural sensitivity.
Qualification, Skill set and Experience Requirements:
- Eight plus years' commercial, finance, pricing / market access or project management experience involving accountability of business results in pharmaceutical industry. At least some exposure to Generics drugs pricing is a must
- Familiarity and hands-on experience in using pricing databases involving multiple pricing points
- Experience with leading market research activities to drive meaningful insights on market intelligence and root cause analysis
- Project management experience to tackle, structure and track multiple work-streams with cross functional stakeholders as well as delivering in market workshops on an independent basis
- Strong business communication skills to deliver compelling business rationale to senior stakeholders on strategic options, and be able to co-develop structured proposals and road maps to initiate price adjustments
This globally renowned company needs no introduction - It is one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted health-care companies across generic and speciality health care. It focuses on developing talent to improve its ability to make the right decisions for health-care professionals, patients and consumer.
Thus if you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career and have the required skill sets, this Global Pricing Lead is the role for you.
Apply now before it is too late!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal