Head of Business Development, APAC
Consultant Archita Tekriwal (R1659919)
Date posted 20 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An expanding pharmaceutical company is looking for an ambitious and experienced Head of Business Development, APAC to be based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Board, this job will see you in charge of the continuous development of the company brand and building awareness in the marketplace.
About the Head of Business Development, APAC role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working closely with the global CEO, COO and responsible for defining the business development strategy for entire APAC region.
- Systematically assess and propose improvement to existing business models
- Always assess the potential of pipeline products as well as products which can be in-/out-licensed
- Keep constant communications with global team, board, and other key stakeholders to explore best options for the relevant markets
- Continuously monitor APAC’s market trends, regulatory rules, healthcare politics, voice of medical professionals, supply chain dynamics, change of sales practice according to the change of promotion code, etc.
- Lead and coordinate projects across different departments and functional areas
- Evaluate new opportunities and financial risks and returns for mobilisation of resources
- Monitor competitors and review company’s offering in light of competitors’ developments
- Interact and maintain active network with potential business partners and improve company’s interest within this stakeholder group
Strong business development and licensing experience in the pharmaceutical industry for the APAC diversified market would be the essential skill set required to be successful in this Head of Business Development, APAC position. As you will be liaising with senior and multiple stakeholders, outstanding communication skills and an executive presence is also important.
- A business degree, an MBA or other business-related master’s degree
- At least 10 years' experience in business development within the pharmaceutical industry, of which four years should be in managerial capacity
- Strong analytical, planning and strategic-thinking skills with excellent communication skills
- Possess excellent commercial understanding and awareness
- A good networker, results-driven, self-motivated and disciplined
This is a high-growth bio-pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets recombinant human health care biotechnology derived products. All of the company's products have undergone substantial clinical development, and are in the process of securing health registration. Utilising a multi-pronged strategy, the company also collaborates with strategic partners and institutions in order to continuously fill and improve its pipeline.
If you are driven, proactive and is able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is the role for you.
Apply now or contact me to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659919 Archita Tekriwal