APAC Commercial Operations Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Allie Teh (R1441522)
Date posted 25 June 20192019-06-25 2019-08-24 retail singapore SG SGD 10000 14000 14000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly created Singapore-based APAC Commercial Operations Manager role has been made available at a rapidly expanding consumer electronics company. Reporting straight to the Global Vice President, you will be working hand in hand with the Senior Director of APAC.
About the APAC Commercial Operations Manager Role:
The retail and online sales organisation is a strategic sales capability within the company which has been put in place to ensure the company has the retail channel sales expertise needed to ensure a successful consumer business. The commercial operations function is a critical part of that capability as it provides the foundation for sales execution from equipping account teams with the insight to add value to our retail partners, to leveraging available data to enrich account plans, and implementing processes to ensure a predictable and commercially controlled business.
The Commercial Operations Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining the governance, planning and commercial management processes required to ensure best in class sales and commercial execution in our retail and online sales team in APAC.
- Marshall the business planning and account planning cycle and support the sales team through planning implementation, data enrichment and analysis
- Develop the framework for delegation of authority that enables account managers to make commercial decisions within the boundaries of financial control (e.g. price approvals)
- Co-ordinate with finance to ensure investment funds are secured (e.g. through rebate provisions)
- Leverage market data (competition, market prices etc) to build category management reports view for account managers to use with the key customers
- Support leadership in evaluating investment proposals including promotion pricing, special deals and incremental investment cases
- Ensure account plans, and sales through forecasts are integrated into the S&OP demand plan
- Provide analysis and advice to sales to ensure appropriate sales through forecasts are made
- Work alongside local leadership and finance to develop the annual budget from account/product level up to total regional revenue and contribution budget
- Set targets and monitor performance at account and account manager level
- Support the regional sales leader in completing required management report
- Ensure commercial policies are adhered to with local accounts
To succeed in this APAC Commercial Operations Manager role, you will have to be self-motivated with a proven track record of getting things done.
- More than five years’ experience in a commercial operations or retail planning role, ideally with a consumer electronics vendor or major retailer
- Strong analytical and skills and commercial acumen
- Strong communicator, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong collaborator, with the ability to build effective relationships across a matrix organisation and develop organisational support for key initiatives
- Stong Excel and PowerPoint skills
This is a leading company that needs no introduction. Recognised as a leader in its field of expertise, great value is also placed on work life balance and career development.
If you are seeking to advance your career with an industry leader that is flexible on internal mobility, this role will be a good fit for you.
Apply now to find out more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1441522 Allie Teh