Sales Planning Manager APAC
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-11 2019-06-10 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A unique, newly created Sales Planning Manager for APAC role has come up at one of the world's fastest growing companies. Reporting to the Director for International Expansion, you will work together to to lead financial planning, sales planning and forecasting to support strategic decisions related to sales, gross margin, pricing, inventory and monthly phasing for the travel retail channel.
About the Sales Planning Manager APAC Role:
Reporting to the Director for International Expansion, you will work together to to lead financial planning, sales planning and forecasting to support strategic decisions related to sales, gross margin, pricing, inventory and monthly phasing.
- develop one to three years channel strategy and planning via sales target setting and resource allocation based on strategy and market intelligence/ channel dynamic
- control and monitor sales budget spending, planning and budget ROI
- develop sales data mining, customer/ outlet profile, area allocation to field
- analyse, share and report market information, competitor's trends and channel insights to help better decision making on sales strategies and channel plans
- identify and evaluate sales and gross margin opportunities, working closely with in market key account and trade marketing teams
- provide ongoing feedback and KPI analysis information and insights to team on sales results
- develop and track against AOP big bets and KPIs for the channels
- develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts that incorporate current business trends and business strategies to inform leadership team of business expectations
- quantify and articulate risk and opportunity to achieve forecasts
- recap and analyse actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales/margins/inventory on a weekly, monthly and quarterly and ad hoc basis
- analyse financial performance to pre-season strategies and recommend strategic shifts as needed
- develop detailed annual budgets and quarterly plan targets (monthly sales, margin and inventory plans) that support the strategic direction of the company
- ensure inventory management teams build inventory plans that support the budget through clear communication of budgets and detailed reviews of plans
- prepare insightful presentations for senior management to concisely summarise performance and go-forward strategies
- create adhoc analysis that provides additional insight into business trends/performance that helps inform future forecasts and plans
To succeed in the Sales Planning Manager APAC role, you will have minimum seven years' relevant commercial experience.
- quantitative graduate degree from a top-tier tertiary institution
- in-depth experience in sales planning
- experience working in a commercial role within FMCG or retail
- travel retail experience from either brand or channel is preferred
- superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering
- against tight deadlines
- strong numerical and project management skills
- excellent presentation and communication skills
- strong stakeholder management skills
You will be joining a company focused on technological and R&D innovation. Your work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company with real opportunity to influence business direction.
If you are immediately available and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng