Global Modern Trade Sales Director
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Date posted 05 September 20192019-09-05 2019-11-04 fmcg singapore SG SGD 300000 350000 350000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A senior Global Modern Trade Sales Director role has come up at an FMCG company with market-leading brands across multiple categories.
About the Global Modern Trade Sales Director Role:
Reporting to the Global Vice President for Sales, you will partner with the OpCo sales directors and modern trade teams to help deliver their revenue and EBIT objectives. This will be done via jointly building and enhancing the OpCos’ modern trade strategy, capability and execution. This is a hands-on role that will work very closely with the OpCo heads of modern trade and their teams to build the required business plans and then sell them to the key account customers in selected OpCos.
- Help build and enhance the OpCo modern trade strategy, including specific key accounts strategy, develop annual business plans, plan and execute sales fundamentals, promotion strategy and plans, negotiation terms for trade, etc.
- Build the capability of the OpCo modern trade teams by refreshing and developing the required training, tools, processes and templates required to build and implement business plans with the specific key account retailers
- Support the OpCo modern trade teams in developing and executing their key account business plans and team work plans including on-the-job training and helping the OpCo teams in building their customer presentations, and as required, accompanying them to sell to the key account customers
- Develop and use a cadence process to support the implementation of the agreed plans with customers
- Help bust any barriers faced by the OpCo modern trade teams via escalating the issues to the relevant management and building plans to support the resolution
- Encourage a culture of lift and shift of best practices within and across OpCos to deliver better execution of business plans
- Refresh and develop a global modern trade best practices tool kit to help guide the various OpCo modern trade teams in the above areas of work of strategy, capability and execution
To succeed in this Global Modern Trade Sales Director role, you must be a senior business leader with progressive sales experience in FMCG multinationals.
- Minimum of 15 years' multi-country experience in selling to and working with global and regional modern trade customers across Asia Pacific
- Experience selling to modern trade customers across at least two Asia Pacific markets
- Experience living and working in at least two Asia Pacific countries
- Progressively senior line sales operating roles in modern trade, leading large businesses and teams at leading global FMCG companies
- At least one role as Head of Modern Trade of a country or a cluster of countries
- At least one role as Sales Director of a country with a significant modern trade business
- Experience in a specialised area such as trade/customer marketing or capability is advantageous
- Multifunctional team leadership experience is a plus
- High proficiency in critical sales led areas of channel strategy, sales fundamentals planning and implementation, joint business planning, category management, shopper insight based programmes, trading terms negotiations, customer profitability, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency of multifunctional areas of supply chain and finance as it relates to working with modern trade customers
- High proficiency in interpersonal skills like coaching, multifunctional leadership, working effectively across cultures, and influencing without authority
The Global Modern Trade Sales Director will be part of a high performing, high profile team within a collaborative and connected culture with inspiring leaders and capable, passionate people. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in a progressive global company with many career development opportunities.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng