Head of Sales, Sodium Bicarbonate
Salary SGD160000 - SGD180000 per annum
Consultant Samantha Han (R1331281)
Date posted 03 January 2017
A frontrunner in the chemicals industry is looking to hire a highly driven and seasoned Head of Sales to oversee their Sodium Bicarbonate arm based in Singapore. You will manage a high-performing and profitable product line and manage its P&L in Asia Pacific.
About the Head of Sales Role:
Reporting to the Country Director, you are responsible for managing the business unit's sales activities across Asia Pacific. Your role is key in achieving sustainable growth in volume, sales and margin.
- Responsible for sales and contribution margin targets across Asia Pacific, covering the customers and markets portfolio
- Lead the initiation of sales planning and implementation through market channel, products, pricing and key account management
- Ensure high levels of customer's satisfaction and retention via sales performance evaluations
- Improve forecast accuracy to enable better inventory management and service level achievement
- Update calendar and lead meetings and negotiations with potential strategic customers and business partners
- Identify and anticipate market trends and provide input to strategic market development plan
- Explore opportunities with new potential market segments and acquire new customers
- Develop and refer sales leads and liaise with supply chain, logistics and operations teams for prompt follow-ups
- Drive closer collaboration across the organisation to ensure sales effectiveness
To be successful in this role, you should have minimum twelve years' hunter sales experience with Chemicals /Food /Agriculture producer and MNC.
- Proven track record on building and developing businesses in Asia
- Strong negotiation skills with excellent network of customers across Food, Feed and Pharmaceutical industries
- Strategic thinking, analytical and result-oriented
- Proactive, self-motivated with a strong drive for challenge
- Must understand operational marketing and be able to develop sales and service efficiency within the organisation
- Fluency in English, Mandarin is a plus (due to large customer base in China)
- Travel is essential to this role (up to 50%)
This company has strong and demonstrable growth in the Asia Pacific regions across their various product lines for the past 100 years. They are looking to support and double their trade and commercial activity in the region.
If you have a successful track record, you can take your career forward with this exciting Sales Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331281 Samantha Han