Salary SGD48000 - SGD55000 per annum
Consultant Liam Thomson (R1546696)
Date posted 28 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has just become available in Singapore for a Mandarin speaker at a leading inter dealer broker in the capacity of a Trainee Broker within the commodities desk. Mandarin language skills are a must for this role in order to communicate with Mandarin-speaking clients in China. This role will be relocated to the Shanghai office after completing the 12 months training in Singapore.
About the Trainee Broker role:
In the role of Trainee Broker your key responsibility will be to develop competency in keying in prices, analysing pricing spreads at a fast pace and learn how to establish business relationship with clients in order to make transactions after completing the probation period.
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Introduce and promote company’s services/products properly
- Read the relevant market news, reports and closings if applicable, before the start of the day
- Engage with clients in order to get their interest/order
- Provide good indicative market levels to clients to the best of your knowledge
- Provide regular price updates on our reference pages to best of your knowledge
- Execute clients trades on their behalf to the best of your abilities and in a professional manner
To succeed in this role, you will need to be effectively bilingual, in order to liaise with Mandarin-speaking clients and translate documents in Mandarin.
- A level or Diploma
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Previous experience in sales, financial services or other service industries (airline, hotel) is an advantage
- Candidates should be presentable with a pleasant disposition
- Excellent communications skills with a passion for interacting with people
- Outgoing and aggressive personality and success motivated
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
The successful Trainee Broker will join a market leading financial services company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven and fulfil the above requirements you can take your career forward with this exciting opportunity as a Trainee Broker.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1546696 Liam Thomson