Sales Manager, Asia
Consultant Lionel Gabriel (R1874275)
Date posted 06 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
This is a job opportunity to head up the channel distribution role for Asia as the Sales Manager, Asia with a global company that supplies tapes in the packaging industry. You will be based in Singapore and report directly to the Commercial Director of Packaging for Asia.
About the Sales Manager, Asia role:
You will be tasked to manage the company's channel partners across the region working in line with growth and business plan for the organisation. You will deliver high quality of services and partnership capabilities in supporting channel partners across the region to ensure clear direction and growth plans are in place.
- Develop commercial plans for the territory management assigned by the sales director i.e. target accounts, forecasts, sales strategies
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets and opportunities for current and new exploitation
- Proactively search, identify and develop attractive new opportunities and support commercial commercialisation
- Provide management with realistic forecasts and any significant changes in development.
- Identify new potential customers though industry and market research
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers though appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Develop, grow and maintain effective multi-level relationships with customers; communicate with decision makers and key influencers to achieve sales growth and protect our competitive position; ensure all relevant information is communicated effectively from customers to the company within all relevant stakeholders
- Manage the quotation and contract review process and lead negotiation on large projects.
- Accountable for regular sales tasks including sales planning, monthly sales forecast, monthly report, visit report, monthly & annual sales budget plan, CRM input/update and other sales tasks as required by the Sales Director. Ensure on time delivery of all required reports
- Support the product market strategy together with the Tapes Management team
- Ability to manage internal stakeholders and directing into a strategic discussion on development plans for the region and adopting best practices from headquarters.
To be successful in this Sales Manager, Asia role, you should be commercially minded, a pragmatic multi-tasker and possess excellent relationship building and closing skills.
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience and successful sales/B2B track record, preferably within a similar market and product portfolio the company supplies to
- Relevant industry/market experience into packaging, industrial tapes or other related fields
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering/science/technology related field
- Strong business and personal judgement, knowledge about customer acquisition and an ability to motivate end users / distributor sales, with a background of exceeding targets
- Possess good commercial, organisational, interpersonal and negotiating skills
This company has been working closely with its clients on packaging solutions right from design conception to assembly with a strong history backing its expertise over half a century. The culture and environment will be fast paced and would fit someone who enjoy such working environment.
The company is looking for someone with a can-do attitude and the drive and ambition to grow with the company as you will be dealing with internal stakeholders from headquarters to align and re-position business plans or overcoming challenges. If you have such attributes and are looking to advance your career, then this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874275 Lionel Gabriel