Business Development Manager, Asia
Salary SGD100000 - SGD140000 per annum
Consultant Priscilla Yap (R1879223)
Date posted 05 March 2019 2019-03-052019-05-03 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting, newly-created job has just become available in a global speciality chemicals company. In this Business Development role, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Business Development Manager, Asia role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering excellent results and generating revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation and qualification, as well as closing the sale.
- Lead initiatives to identify new customers and grow customer base in the Asia-Pacific region
- Generate new business by leveraging your existing network within the Personal Care industry
- Kick-start the initial sales process through engaging potential accounts to get a better sense of the customer’s requirements
- Build strategic relationships with key market players, engaging them on a consistent basis to keep up to date on technology trends within the Personal Care sector and drive business growth
- Develop new business from the existing market through maintaining strong relationships with and retaining key clients in the Personal Care space
- Provide excellent customer service to key clients through consistent engagement to understand their needs and propose solutions to address them, through way such as introducing new products and services
- Address and resolve any potential issues from customers in a timely manner
- Work with the internal teams, such as the technical team, to develop new applications for key customers and better address their needs
- Ensure that the products and services are delivered in a timely manner
- Close sales by building rapport with potential account, and addressing their queries on the company’s product and service capabilities
- Preparing contracts
- Set and track sales account targets, and report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Monitor sales metrics, including quarterly sales results and annual forecasts
- Monitor competitive products and market response
- Recommend new products and services by evaluating current product results
- Support established distributors through timely feedback
To succeed in this Business Development Manager job, you must have background in Chemical engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the personal care industry
- It is highly preferred that you come from a technical background
- Six years of formulation experience in personal care
- Operated in a technical environment before but would be interested in moving into a commercial role
- Strong grasp of sales performance metrics
- Proven expertise in communication and negotiation
- Excellent business acumen and track record in problem-solving
- Able to work cohesively in a matrix environment on a global scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This international chemicals company is the clear number one player in its niche markets. The business succeeds on its high-performing, driven talent pool and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company. Apart from professional responsibilities in this role, the company offers personal development opportunities for individual to constantly update job knowledge and participate in educational opportunities.
If you have a successful track record of business development and are able to work both independently and in a team, you can take your career forward in this exciting Business Development Manager role.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879223 Priscilla Yap