Salary SGD234000 - SGD299000 per annum
Consultant LingXiang Lee (R1109068)
Date posted 23 January 2019 2019-01-232019-03-23 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 234000 299000 299000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Commercial Director job has just became available in one of the world's largest packaging and chemicals firms. With a huge investment in sustainability and eco-friendly products across the globe, you will help to drive innovation and sustainability for the firm's packaging business across Asia.
About the Commercial Director Role:
In this commercial role, you will deliver and drive future growth through new packaging across key stakeholders including innovation, R&D, sales as well as marketing. You will also manage long term relationships with brand owners and government institutions to drive competitive advantage through the next wave of packaging materials and strategy.
- Developing and executing a strategy around sustainable packaging whilst educating internal teams on the value of it
- Creating and executing the adoption of recycling and waste-to-energy programmes across various markets whilst creating value for brand owners
- Managing the advocacy of sustainability as well as disruptive packaging whilst keeping up to date on industry trends
- Working alongside innovation and R&D teams to ensure long term value add for a series of product differentiation
- Participating in global events, conferences as well as community outreach activities to ensure clear understanding of the value chain
- Mentoring and managing a high performing team to ensure key deliverable are measured on and is in alignment with global
To succeed in the Commercial Director job, you are someone who has operated in the packaging industry or has significant commercial experience in the plastics space. You are also strategic in nature and has a passion for sustainability. This organisation has an extremely complex structure and you should also be comfortable navigating multiple stakeholders in a highly matrix organisation.
- A Degree in Business or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience operating in the packaging business and/or plastics industry. Experience in innovation and R&D with brand owners and consumer companies would also be considered
- Excellent project management experience coupled with the ability to navigate complex stakeholders
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Strategic thinker who has strong knowledge of the sustainability space around packaging
- Ability to direct, execute and inspire
The company is one of the world's most successful chemical companies. This is an entirely new role that who allow for passionate individuals in the sustainability space to make a difference.
If you are passionate, driven and believe in the growth of this space, this is the right role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: LingXiang Lee