Sales & Market Manager – Construction
Salary SGD120000 - SGD175000 per annum
Consultant LingXiang Lee (R1109068)
Date posted 31 December 2018 2018-12-312019-02-25 engineering Singapore SG SGD 120000 175000 175000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Swagelok, one of the world's leading manufacturers of fluid system components, is currently hiring for a Sales & Market Manager – Construction, to drive growth in various industry verticals including Oil & Gas, Chemical & Petrochemical, Power Generation and Semiconductor industries in Asia.
About the Sales & Market Manager - Construction Role:
In this commercial role, the Sales & Market Manager – Construction, will be responsible for identifying and winning key growth opportunities in construction projects across this region. You will initiate sales activities, and negotiate multi-million dollar contracts. This Sales & Market Manager – Construction, will also work closely with the global US based HQ in aligning strategies with local initiatives and liaise with Swagelok Authorized Sales and Service Centres to fulfil contract commitments.
A. Drive and coordinate sales activities of SCPC projects located in the identified regions
- Closely coordinate all activities necessary to support Swagelok products specification and utilisation on SCPC nominated projects throughout the regions
- Develop and maintains Swagelok’s strategic position with key EPC firms as defined by Swagelok Capital Projects Company (SCPC)
- Build business and personal relationships with the key construction industry figures. Build a positive Swagelok reputation within the Engineering Procurement Contractors and owner company communities
- Communicate and promote Swagelok policies, programs, strategic alignment with Swagelok’s marketing direction, and philosophy
- Assist distributors with end customer related issues including sales calls, end customer relationships, order/quotation expedites, service/supply chain issues as related to nominated projects
B. Business Administration and Sales Planning
- Create tailored value propositions, where appropriate, for each nominated project throughout the region
- Provide market and project data to support strategic sales planning and accurate forecasting
- Evaluate sales opportunities and ensure that the projects being pursued represent the best use of the available resources
- Support global implementation of and population of SCPC Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system using tool as personnel information management system
- Provide timely and accurate project updates for all projects on global ‘focus’ list and provide presentation data for quarterly S&OP meetings
C. Provide Sales and Training Support
- Create, facilitate and present training programs appropriate for distributor global construction sales team
- Support all training efforts and conduct training/sales meetings, as needed
- Plan and host customer tours
- Work with identified Key Construction Specialist and Distributor construction specialist in their designated region to enhance their capabilities and talents in managing and selling to construction projects
- Support all construction sales training programs offered by the SCPC team to the Swagelok Distributor Network
- Support Alliances and Key Accounts
- Support Regional Tech Centre activities
D. Market Research
- Gather market, product, and competitive intelligence and share with customers, distributors and Swagelok
- Provide input from new construction market to Swagelok to provide appropriate representation on industry standard committees/lobby organisations
- Identify global trends within construction industry and provide data to product managers
- Develop a clear understanding of the local needs of operators
- Support in Identifying and establishing approved Swagelok products with owner / operator companies
To succeed in the Sales and Market Manager job, you must have proficiency in language of the identified region to engage with local clients.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Language: English – Advanced
- Minimum three to five years’ experience with a demonstrated understanding of business management, deep understanding of fluid system applications, experience in large project construction sales including sales to project job sites, owner operators, Engineering-Procurement-Contractors (EPCs)
This exciting opportunity is suitable for candidates who enjoy juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate can also expect exposure to different projects with different challenges. The firm is massively expanding in APAC and has a proven track record for securing high valued deals in the oil and gas space. With a growing presence in Asia Pacific and an annual global turnover of around $2 billion, the firm is investing heavily into markets that have tremendous potential. Candidates can expect exposure to a complex high-value sales environment that is open and communicative.
If you are a driven individual who enjoys a strategic and analytical role, this is the right role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: LingXiang Lee