Market Development Manager - Construction
Salary SGD120000 - SGD175000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant LingXiang Lee (R1109068)
Date posted 26 October 2018 2018-10-262018-12-21 engineering 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
One of the world's leading and most successful manufacturers of fluid systems is currently looking for a Market Development Manager - Construction based in Singapore to grow the oil and gas vertical in Asia. With a growing presence in Asia Pacific and an annual turnover of up to $1.6 billion, the firm is investing heavily into emerging markets that have tremendous potential.
About the Market Development Manager - Construction Role:
In this newly created role, you will conduct macro-analysis on market conditions and identify key growth opportunities in this region. You will also initiate sales activities and negotiate contracts on behalf of large-scale construction projects.
- Coordinating and managing all market development activities to assist sales in achieving their revenue goals
- Developing and maintaining the firm's strategic positioning especially in the oil and gas and construction sectors
- Conducting market studies and research to help create tailored propositions which enhances a complicated sell
- Evaluating sales opportunities whilst ensuring project timelines are met
- Building key relationships with decision makers in the construction space and ensuring distributors have a clear understanding of the firm's value proposition
To succeed in this Market Development Manager - Construction role, you should be a strategic thinker and possess a good understanding of how the construction and oil and gas space operates. You should also be comfortable fronting key decision makers and have prior experience managing complex and long sales cycles.
- A degree in Engineering/Business
- At least seven years' experience in fluid system applications preferably; strong understanding of the EPC market would also be an added advantage
- Excellent business acumen and strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with an ability to manage complex sales cycles
- Good internal stakeholder engagement and comfortable in an independent role
This exciting opportunity is suitable for candidates who enjoy juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate can also expect exposure to different projects with different challenges. The firm is massively expanding in APAC and has a proven track record for securing high valued deals in the oil and gas space. Candidates can expect exposure to a complex high-value sales environment that is open and communicative.
If you are a driven individual who enjoys a strategic and analytical role, this is the right role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: LingXiang Lee