Business Development Director, APAC
Consultant Lionel Gabriel (R1874275)
Date posted 08 August 2018 2018-08-082018-10-07 sales 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Business Development Director, APAC job based in Singapore has just become available at a respected multinational company that provides electronics manufacturing services to a wide range of industries.
About the Business Development Director, APAC Role:
Reporting directly to the Global Market Development Vice President, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy and delivering the highest quality service. You will also take the lead in providing solutions and acting as a subject matter expert for the region in the respective industries.
- Meet business development revenue goals for sector or regional accounts
- Devise plans and sell solutions that meet the clients' business development targets
- Focus on a base of assigned target accounts that fit clients' customer profile and utilise time management skills to apply effort to the appropriate accounts
- Fill the company's opportunity funnel by identifying and validating profitable business opportunities on the company's behalf; manage priorities to ensure new opportunities receive adequate attention
- Secure and protect profitable business opportunities on the company's behalf; utilise active listening skills to determine customer's real needs, wants and likes, then fashion and present a solution that results in new or increased revenue
- Represent the company in a professional manner and build relationships with key customer decision makers
- Utilise the CRM tool to record and communicate sales activities
- Work with the business development staff to follow-up on all leads in a timely manner
To succeed in the Business Development Director, APAC job, you will need the ability to be versatile and have an eye for capturing opportunities and securing the customers across the APAC region. You will need to be able to drive strategy and work effectively with internal cross-functional teams to ensure the company's best solutions are delivered to the customers.
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience with minimum eight years' working experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or technical field such as Engineering is preferred
- Experience in an electronics or engineering design environment preferred
- Ability to maintain objectivity and possess proactive problem-solving skills, along with the ability to make timely and effective recommendations to resolve problems as they arise
- A proven ability to influence others is required; possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills as well as other leadership competencies as defined by the company
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision
This global manufacturing firm needs no introduction and is recognised as one of a leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their best practices, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Business Development Director, APAC job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1874275 Lionel Gabriel