Business Development and Account Manager
Salary SGD6000 - SGD7500 per month
Consultant Eric Ng (R1543632)
Date posted 30 May 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Business Development and Account Manager job opportunity has just been made available at a global engineering product manufacturer for various heavy industries in Singapore. You will be responsible for driving growth of the company by generating new business opportunities, and supporting and maintaining accounts for Asia Pacific.
About the Business Development and Account Manager Role:
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President based in US, you will be responsible for driving growth for the company via the generation of new business opportunities and maintenance of accounts.
- Territory management and primary travel throughout assigned territory of Asia Pacific, to call on regular and prospective customers in order to establish relationships, solicit orders and regular recurring business
- Identify new business opportunities – cold calling or prospecting for potential clients, new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of existing markets
- Generate sales leads
- Initiate and manage business relationships with clients (client retention – by presenting new products and services to enhance existing relationships)
- Actively maintain and update the status of accounts, projects; contact and ensure information entered into CRM is managed and accurate, submitting weekly progress reports
- Interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instructions; prepare, provide and convey diversified information which may be of a technical nature
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge; keep informed of market, new products or services, applications, regulations, technical information, competition, warranties and product reliability and other general information of interest to the customer
- Attend industry functions, all necessary training and meetings (internal and external) such as association events and conferences, networking-provided feedback and information on market and creative trends, reviews professional publications
To succeed in this Business Development and Account Manager role, you should be a strong hunter with good knowledge of mechanical products and with experience selling via distributors into various industries.
- Experience and knowledge of valve industry, product specifications, manufacturing processes/capabilities, materials and product cost/pricing is an asset
- Knowledge of the products, industry/market, the solutions and services the company and its competitors can provide
- Strong business acumen
- Education – BA or BS preferred (preference given to)
- Minimum three to five years' experience in a sales/business development position, preferably an industrial products business
- History of developing a sales territory from scratch
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in English; communication skills (verbal and written) in common languages encountered in Asia Pacific is an asset to liaise with current and prospective clients across the region
The successful Business Development and Account Manager will join a growing global company. This global brand offers a great working environment and autonomy to all its employees.
If you have a successful track record of growing the business, you can take your career forward with this exciting role.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1543632 Eric Ng