Business Development Manager
Consultant Alvin Ho (R1871239)
Date posted 02 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
As part of their expansion plans, a leading lifestyle company is seeking a high-calibre Business Development Manager to join them in their travel retail business for APAC. This job will be based in Singapore.
About the Business Development Manager role:
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for analysing potential opportunities and penetrating into new markets in this multi-category portfolio.
- Build and maintain relationships across various business stakeholders in Asia Pacific for their multi-category portfolio, which includes confectionery, beauty, fashion and accessories
- Analyse potential investment options and assess business opportunities throughout Asia Pacific
- Assist in the development of financial projections and scenario analysis
- Analyse and review annual reports, business models and business plans of other global/local competitors
- Conduct and analyse market trends of KPIs related to the travel retail industry
- Prepare financial models to support the proposed strategies
To succeed in this newly-created Business Development Manager role, you must possess strong communication skills and have prior experience in business development.
- A good business degree, an MBA or other business-related master’s degree from a reputable university would be highly advantageous
- At least three years' experience in business development, in a regional or travel retail scope
- Candidates with strong commercial, key account management and negotiation skills, particularly in the beauty or FMCG industries are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to work independently but also comfortable in multi-cultural and big teams
- Ability to prioritise tasks and has keen attention to detail
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with analysing complicated numbers, environment and situations and provide a strategy to approach systematically
- Fast learner, pro-active and adapt well to change
- Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 20-30%
This international organisation is a leading player in the ever-expanding travel retail industry. Should you be keen to take on this exciting challenge, apply today and call me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871239 Alvin Ho