Key Account Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Job Ref 1836980/001
Date posted 12 September 2022singapore sales/account-management 2022-09-12 2022-10-12 sales Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rarely available, newly created Key Account Manager job has just come up at one of the world's leading food exporters. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will support and manage two strategic must-win business partnerships for the key growth markets of the company.
About the Key Account Manager Role:
You will provide customer leadership, business development and key management interface between teams in the head office and those respective teams within the customers' organisation.
- Financial performance of both Malaysia and China: budgeted revenue, gross profit and incremental selling price
- Delivery of key customer programme plans, working with premium brands and marketing teams to deploy market activities that drive new business, new channel development and premiumisation
- Manage expenditure within budgeted levels and manage discount/promotional activities within authorised levels
- Demand planning and coordination with category teams in head office
- Debtor management and compliance to commercial terms
- Be proactive and available to maintain regular contact with key accounts, recommending relevant, well-suited solutions when necessary
- Continually provide accurate and a high level of problem solving and product advice to increase sales
- Ensure regular customer interactions to determine client needs, identity problems and solutions and conduct joint planning
- Identify necessary product innovation and new product development through deep understanding of industry trends, market activities
- Actively monitor and respond to key competitor activity and develop new channel participation
- Gather, summarise, and interpret key sales metrics to help drive accurate sales forecasts, and refine the overall sales processes
To succeed in the Key Account Manager role, you must be an effective communicator who thrives on working in a team environment.
- Degree in Business or other relevant field
- Minimum of five years' key account sales experience in a FMCG company ideally in the food or beverage category
- Proven track record in exceeding sales targets and growing accounts
- Proactive, forward thinking, positive and versatile
- Ability to think out of the box, cope well with ambiguity and embrace change
- Meticulous and organised, with attention to detail
- Good communication and presentation skills to convey ideas clearly and effectively
- Strong understanding of technology, with hands-on experience utilising ERP and CRM systems
- Experience in China and/or Malaysia is ideal
- Fluency in business Mandarin (spoken and written) given this is the biggest market/customer
- Readiness to travel 30%-40% of the time
This company holds undisputed market leadership that generates value and equity via branded portfolio programmes, strategic partnerships and channel diversification whilst accessing new forms of value capture. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a successful track record of sales and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Key Account Manager role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng
Salary: SGD8000 - SGD9500 per month + BonusLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 19 September 2022An exciting Regional Sales Manager job opportunity has just been made available at a leading small domestic appliances/consumer electronics company. Based in Singapore and reporting into the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing the company's distribution network for SEA and Pacific regions.
Salary: SGD9500 - SGD11000 per month + Year-end BonusLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 20 September 2022An exciting Head of Business Development (SEA) job has become available at one of leading international architecture firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Global Principal, this is a role for a sales leader who is passionate about the building and architecture industry.
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 07 September 2022An exciting Sales Manager job has just become available at one of the most renowned wire harnessing firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales and Service, this is a role for a sales professional who is a leader in their field.