Regional Distribution Centre Director
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Linette Tai (R1985888)
Date posted 15 October 20192019-10-15 2019-12-14 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 120000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Distribution Centre Director job has just been made available at a leading e-commerce FMCG firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Regional Head of Operations.
About the Regional Distribution Centre Director Role:
This role will manage a large-sized logistics center to ensure an efficient workflow process and optimal warehouse layout strategy to achieve high degrees of client satisfaction and timely processing and distribution of goods.
- Manage operations to ensure client service levels and financial targets (costs, budgets, variable margin and before-tax profit) are achieved
- Distribution operation processes which include but are not limited to receiving, storage, kitting, sub-assembly, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inspection, inventory counts, supplier scheduling, returns and related functions to provide shipping and receiving accuracy and inventory reconciliation and making warranty decisions on defective material relating to the percentage of usability remaining
- Prepare local warehouses for the different campaigns and support them with improvement initiatives
- Develop and implementing operations changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency
- Design strategies and spearhead the design/layout process of the different local warehouses across the region
- Collaborate with Product Development to come up with required WMS functionalities to support warehouse operations
- Come up with initiatives to improve warehouse throughput, workers' productivity and to optimise space utilisation
- Manage and analyse performance and KPIs and identify daily operational issues and assist local operations in troubleshooting and prevention of future occurrence
To succeed in this Regional Distribution Centre Director role, you will need to have at least 10 years' experience in distribution centre operations or strategic planning, preferably within the FMCG space.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Supply Chain Management or Business/Leadership Management
- Degree in business, supply chain management, engineering or relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in regional warehouse strategic planning and operations excellence management
- Ability to independently lead projects and manage a team
- Ability to engage in discussions with various stakeholders, and convince local teams to implement proposed regional initiatives
- Knowledge of key WMS functionalities is required
- Significant leadership experience leading a large team and facility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), as well as a willingness to collaborate and partner with internal/external stakeholders
This global company is a leading e-commerce retailing app in Asia firm with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. The company offers a great working environment with a strong emphasis on training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this Regional Distribution Centre Director job is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985888 Linette Tai