Assistant Manager, Warehouse
Consultant Marion Rosselot (R1546860)
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Assistant Manager, Warehouse role has just become available at a global company to drive and contribute to Warehouse & Logistics Operations business strategies by working closely with Senior Operations Manager.
About the Assistant Manager, Warehouse role:
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will work closely with the Operations Team, customer service stakeholders and the 3PL partners to run and improve the business. You will also grow and strengthen the business by developing the organisation, optimising outbound delivery performance and achieve cost targets, provide visible product flow and status, identifying and utilising best practices, strengthening processes and policies, leveraging systems, establishing and monitoring KPIs.
- Manage warehouse outbound operations and supporting the distribution of products locally and cross boundaries
- Ensure that the daily outbound functions are functioning safely with high level of accuracy, efficiency (cost & process) and productivity
- Ensure good warehouse practices are continually maintained to ensure the “Best in Class” facility in the region
- Ensure continuous creative improvement process thru problem identification and problem analysis
- Develop and monitor the employee work plans, development and training plans for succession planning
- Engage the staff by motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Communicate with other departments, staff groups and customers to support the day to day operations and projects assigned
- Deliver and fulfil objectives, targets and directions that were cascaded
- Visiting customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
To be successful in this Assistant Manager, Warehouse role, you will need to have strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to engage others and build strong relationships. You must demonstrate a high level of initiative, resilience, influencing skills and have a strong operational background in warehouse and logistics.
- A relevant degree with at least five years of supply chain/logistics management experience
- Broad understanding of supply chain fundamentals
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate along with highly- developed stakeholder management skills
- Strategically focused, with superior problem solving skills
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job. Please apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1546860 Marion Rosselot