Regional Supply Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-21 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 8000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Supply Manager job has just become available at a leading Fortune 500 company.
About the Regional Supply Manager Role:
This position is responsible for ensuring constant supply from designated refineries to offices within Asia Pacific.
- Participate in contract negotiations to ensure supply requirements from designated refineries to the affiliates in the Middle East are met
- Manage a team of external service providers of surveyors and other service providers to ensure cargo quality is on spec via a series of sampling operations of cargo and fine-tuning of product specifications
- Liaise daily with the trading office to obtain key supply information to secure product availability and loading schedule
- Set up and optimise supply processes that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions or cost reduction strategies to optimise fulfilment of affiliate management's budget expectations
- Handle feedback, settle disputes, and resolve conflicts between supplier and affiliates
- Problem-solve independently to ensure supply continuity
- Monitor forecasts and identify changes in supply patterns to determine their impact on supply activities
- Source the optimal vessel that best meets the overall requirements of affiliate requirements in terms of timing and stowage plan via the chartering department
- Achieve competitive freight terms aligned with affiliate’s budget expectations and to advise affiliate on the most prudent vessel selection
- Identify opportunities for contract of affreightment and time charter whenever applicable to improve the long-term freight economics and operational efficiency of the affiliates
- Coordinate with refineries via trading operations on vessel nominations and loading operations plan and following up with affiliates on their discharge operations
- Coordinate with a team of shipping operation captains to ensure shipping operations of vessels are carried out smoothly and in liaison with surveyors and other service providers to ensure synergy in achieving maximum efficiency in shipping operations
- Ensure that only positively vetted vessels are used for transporting company products within Asia Pacific-Middle East, so as to comply with the group vetting policy
To succeed in this Regional Supply Manager role, you will need 10 years of experience in a similar capacity within the oil and gas or petrochemicals industry.
- A degree or equivalent, together with a minimum of five years in a senior shipping position in the oil/shipping industry
- Good knowledge of the operations related to finished petroleum products as well as in-depth knowledge of petroleum product specifications
- Excellent organisational abilities and the ability to work in a structured manner
- Sound understanding of the commercial and operational business processes within the shipping industry
- Good negotiation skills to negotiate contracts with service providers
- Strong communication and leadership skills and ability to foster a spirit of partnership in key relationship building
- Desired traits include teamwork, adaptability, networking, aware of cultural differences and understanding of the oil business
- Fluency in English and spoken Mandarin, as the candidate is expected to work closely with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
- Familiar with IT applications
This leading international company is recognised as one of the leaders in their field of expertise. This is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this Regional Supply Manager is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges everyday.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung