Regional Supply Planner
Salary SGD52000 - SGD54600 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Linette Tai (R1985888)
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 fmcg Singapore SG SGD 52000 54600 54600 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Supply Planner job has just become available at a global FMCG firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
About the Regional Supply Planner Role:
You will be responsible for the overall management of product master data setup, assisting the Regional Supply Planning Manager in controlling inventory within the region at the optimised level, and implementing inventory planning across the supply chain.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders in the collection of the information needed to simulate the supply needs both at the market and regional level (marketing/promotional plan and other activities)
- Check the feasibility of the commercial and marketing plans (orders and forecasts), as far as the product availability all along the supply chain is concerned
- Proactively identify supply risks by updating supply outlook
- Discuss inventory plans with relevant stakeholders and propose stock arbitration in line with risk involved, with approval from the Supply Planning Manager
- Identify supply management bottlenecks, define solutions and communicate the opportunity cost of capacity bottlenecks to drive improvements to solve them
- Monitor and manage inventory shelf life/expiry dates to minimise write-offs whilst improving processes to avoid obsolescence
- Follow up and manage inventory shortages/excesses, with demand planners or regional marketing team through arbitration/allocation
- Extract relevant exceptions/alerts/ageing reports and stock follow-up, discuss with Supply Planning Manager to ensure optimised inventory level and quality of both retail and POP inventories
- Manage all changes from subsidiaries and accurately translate these revised needs in the system
- Check and update the stock parameters (safety stock, lead time, etc.) in the DRP at the regional level
- Perform inventory allocation to all the markets, taking into account prioritisation, inventory on hand and cost benefit, in alignment with supply chain best practices
- Anticipate stock out and inform the markets
- Manage stock returns from approved markets, with potential inventory distribution and balancing across the region
- In collaboration with demand planners and other stakeholders, review potential re-allocation taking into account changes in shipment/delivery timing
- Assume ownership and responsibility for accuracy of all data in M3 and commercial system, including creation of item code with relevant product hierarchy and bill of material (BOM) in collaboration with marketing, finance and supply chain
- Work with sales, purchasing, finance and IT and all relevant departments to define and establish the overall management strategy and approach to data clean up, translation, maintenance and quality control
- Ensure master data consistency with 3PL, updating 3PL regularly on new creation, changes to product sizes, packing, etc.
- Coordinate with customer service on HSA e-application process as well as managing and follow up on product-related claims such as product quality issue, packing variances, etc.
To succeed in the Regional Supply Planner role, you will need to possess at least two years of experience in supply planning.
- Fluent in English
- Supply chain APICS certification preferred
- Good command of supply chain planning and stock management processes (sales forecast, needs calculation and planning, stock policy and management, 3PL management)
- Knowledge of main mathematical algorithm used in sales forecasts and KPIs
- Master informatics ERP tools (SAP, JDE, APS, M3)
This company is a leading luxury cosmetics firm with a regional office based in Singapore.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this Regional Supply Planner role is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a global industry leader.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985888 Linette Tai