Site Supply Chain Manager
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Singapore SG SGD 12000 14000 14000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Site (Factory) Supply Chain Manager job has been created in a renowned firm which is known to be a leader in the chemicals industry.
About the Site Supply Chain Manager Role:
In this newly created position, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical improvement of the Supply Chain processes and systems to provide cost effective customer service to standards, while managing overall across planning, customer service and purchasing.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to the supply chain team. This involves organisational design as well as optimisation of ways of working, processes and systems
- Direct supervision of managers and other staff. This includes objective setting, recommending remuneration, disciplinary issues etc. It may also involve coordination of supply chain activity. It may involve development of capability and chain professionals in the business
- Develop and co-ordinate medium to long term planning processes, taking into account marketing and sales plans, plant sourcing strategies, and freight cost optimisation
- Take a leading role in resolving supply and demand imbalances in the short and longer term. Finding solutions to such problems will involve liaising with multiple parties and dealing with all levels in the organisation up to Vice President. The financial impact of decisions made can be very significant and underpins key customer relationships
- Develop and coordinate stockholding policies and the coordination efforts to reduce slow moving stock to meet business working capital targets
- Develop, share, implement and drive best practice standards . Derive and apply a set of appropriate supply chain performance measures (KPIs)
- Ensure that SAP processes match actual business processes and vice versa, and provide expert input to SAP improvement and change programmes
- The role holder is expected to manage projects that can last for up to 18 months which have significant importance to the site in terms of systems and efficiency improvements
To succeed in the role, you must be an excellent communicator and is able to build effective working relationships.
- Influence and drive through specifically tasked activities
- Highly motivated and a strong team player
- Experience in design and implementation of Supply Chain systems, including distribution, packaging, commercial, procurement, planning, financial, scheduling and forecasting
- Experience in management of people and departments. Track record of managing change successfully
- Experience of working with different cultures
- Experience of site operations overview as appropriate
- Ability to assimilate a wide variety of information quickly
The successful Supply Chain Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are a progressive supply chain specialist with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply now or call me to discuss this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li