Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 06 December 2018 2018-12-062019-02-01 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager job has arisen in a global pharmaceutical organisation. Based in Singapore, you will be accountable for managing all aspects of demand and supply planning for all commercial products within the Asia Pacific region.
About the Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager position:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for implementing and managing a framework that maximises customer primary service level, reduces inventory levels and improves forecast accuracy, along with reducing overall Santen Asia Supply Chain costs.
- Lead the forecasting process which includes the integration of historical sales trends, researching of demand drivers (competitive responses, trend, substitution effects, etc).
- Development of Statistical forecast models and incorporating marketing assumptions to develop a rolling 36 month forecast.
- Work with local and regional partners in, Logistics, Quality, Regulatory, Finance and Commercial (Sales & Marketing) to operationalize and support the business and financial plan.
- Interface with Marketing and Sales teams to incorporate market insights into the forecast.
- Lead monthly Demand Planning consensus meeting with Business unit lead, Sales & Marketing and Finance to ensure clear communication regarding forecast, forecast variances and changes. Also ensure updated forecast assumptions are reflected in the demand plan.
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, distributors, Supply Chain and finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Interface and communicate with Supply Planning team on forecast changes. Work with supply teams or production planners to understand supply constraints, variations and impact on demand.
- Lead Process improvement initiatives within Demand Planning including best practices sharing to improve forecast accuracy.
- Liaison with Product Marketing relating to New Product forecasting. Work closely with supply planners to ensure forecasts are in-line with proposed timelines for new products launch.
- Monitor the impact of promotions, competitor activity and other events on sales.
- Develop, Monitor and communicate reports on significant variances between sales forecasts, budgets and business plans to Business unit and Supply Chain organisation, while driving continuous improvement with regional partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure demand forecast is shared / received in the format, level of detail, and timing required by all customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions.
- Lead and participate in collaborative projects with other cross-functional colleagues to remove barriers and advance our operational excellence.
- Manage the in-house/external Product Supply portfolio which includes; developing and implementing supply chain strategies to ensure ongoing reliable, timely & quality supply of finished products to markets.
To succeed in the Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager job, you should have strong knowledge of the regulatory, legal and financial dimensions and linkages to and with the planning organisation.
- Post-graduate/Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain of Business Management or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- More than seven years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in the Healthcare business.
- More than five years of experience in a leadership position.
- Knowledge and experience on the entire supply chain management life cycle
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical products, medical devices and/or OTC and general manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and experience in the Forecasting, Planning, Purchasing, Distribution and Project management is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading the Sales and Operations planning process at Regional level
- Skills in demand planning tool, Forecast modeling tools and ERP/MRP system.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing Operations Management
- Experience using word processing, flowchart, presentation, spreadsheet, and project management software at a demonstrated intermediate level.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of international business and pharmaceutical cGMP and GDP regulations.
- APICS Certification (CSCP or CPIM) is a plus
- Ability to travel at least 20%
The successful Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in their offices.
If you are a senior supply chain professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity. Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li