Regional Supply Planning Manager
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-18 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A leading chemicals company is currently looking for a talented Regional Supply Planning Manager to join its Singapore office. In this job, you will be coordinating with business, manufacturing and logistics to ensure that required production plans and material orders are communicated, validated and enacted.
About the Regional Supply Planning Manager Role:
You will be tasked to reflect the regional 12-18 month operational and business objectives in the form of a demand plan within SAP. The proper execution of the role should enable best utilisation of production facilities and should enable the right product being available for customers in the right time and in the right location. You will be responsible for steering and supporting projects to optimise business planning processes and systems in the region, while managing schedules and planning when required.
- Seek and interpret input from across the organisation to build a demand plan that will drive operational activity in line with the business objectives
- Manage requirement plans for plants and some tollers to ensure the plant is operating in line with planned requirements
- Manage the import and/or export of components or products to support the demand plan activities in other regions
- Manage inventory levels within target ranges for key materials and locations to maintain supply and keep working capital costs at an acceptable level
- Maintain an understanding of short term capacity availability and constraints; ensure related enquiries arising from the business (internal and external) and logistics teams can be addressed (in coordination with the Regional Product Manager) in a clear, accurate and responsive manner
- Respond to plan changes in a timely manner; updating the demand plan and material movement requirements and highlighting likely impact of these changes to the business team; ensure impact of changes is understood across the regional team
- Assert a leading role in regional S&OP meetings; providing reports on plans, capacity outlook, actions associated with product transitions and new product introductions and inventory; use meetings to communicate the demand plan and seek input and validation
- Manage supply planning specialists and coordinators where indicated by organisational structure
- Work with planning specialists, coordinators and other parties in one’s own region and other regions to ensure coordination of shared global resources (such as plant capacity) and develop best practice procedures
- Support other supply operations within the region to ensure that planning activities are aligned with logistics and procurement objectives
- Oversee and support projects that optimise and improve any processes or the systems used to run them
To succeed in this Regional Supply Planning Manager role, you should demonstrate strong competency in SAP and extensive experience in a planning role.
- Bachelor of Science in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, etc. or in-country equivalent as advised by regional HR team
- Strong SAP competency in materials managements and supply planning typically acquired over five or more years' experience
- Extensive experience in a planning position, with exceptional knowledge of the field and demonstrated successful management experience typically acquired for at least 10 years in similar roles of increasing responsibility
- English language proficiency (both written and verbal) is required; proficiency in other languages are welcome
This is a leading chemicals company.
If you are a senior supply chain professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li