Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-17 electronics 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An attractive Supplier Manager job has just been made available at a US-based telecommunications network company based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Regional Vice President for Global Operations and Supply Chain.
About the Supplier Manager Role:
You will be responsible for managing the supply chain activities of a Tier 1 contract manufacturer. This position serves as the liaison between the supply chain department and other functional groups across the global organisation.
- Evaluate quarterly quotes and make recommendations to management on supply strategy; assist in the negotiations for price, delivery, quality and service
- Follow up on all awards and purchase orders through completion of order to the customer
- Assist in negotiating with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes
- Develop and monitor the execution of supply chain strategies
- Evaluate supplier and sub-tier suppliers and rate them as to production capability, performance and delivery
- Provide forecast requirements, issue periodic reports on trends, and negotiate pricing, discounts and contracts
To succeed in the Supplier Manager role, you will need a proven track record in developing, implementing and managing vendor managed inventory programs.
- 10+ years' experience with progressively increasing responsibility in a direct procurement and supplier management role; at least six years' experience in a management capacity
- Extensive knowledge of sound procurement practices
- Supplier management experience
- Direct experience in the successful development and implementation of global logistics networks
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems – Oracle experience a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects on time and on budget
- Solid knowledge of IT infrastructure and tools in a global environment including ERP systems (Oracle knowledge a plus)
- Strong analytical and organisational skills including the ability to collect, structure, analyse and communicate large volumes of complicated data
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a global industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung