Senior Supply Chain Manager, ASEAN
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading medical devices company is currently looking for a talented Senior Supply Chain Manager, ASEAN to join its Singapore office. Reporting into the Director of Finance and Operations, you will be responsible for the end-to-end supply chain function within the South East Asian markets. In this job, you will be expected to set the direction of the supply chain function while building and motivating a strong team to manage the day-to-day supply chain tasks.
About the Senior Supply Chain Manager, ASEAN Role:
You will be a senior leader within the operations function and be expected to develop and implement strategic improvements in supply forecasting, inventory management and order management.
- Build a capable and effective supply planning team
- Coach, develop and lead direct reports by providing growth opportunities
- Build and maintain exceptional employee engagement throughout the department
- Influence the organisation to ensure improvements are implemented and work well with other functional demands
- Work with senior leaders within the organisation and gain their trust and buy-in for new initiatives
- Set the direction of the supply chain function for the foreseeable future
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships/relationships with key suppliers; actively participate in global/divisional supply update meetings and advocate for the ASEAN business needs
- Manage the overall inventory across ASEAN markets to ensure minimal excess inventory whilst ensuring high levels of service performance; this includes ensuring the team plan purchases strategically and creating an inventory plan to achieve full year KPI targets
- Oversight of team planning and procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers; this includes managing the demand forecasting with vendors and ensuring the correct inputs are included from the commercial team
- Transform and set up an order management team that will be responsible for placing orders, consolidating shipments and managing supply dates with customers and commercial leads
- Develop and lead initiatives that will support the business' future growth around supply chain
- Partner the Logistics Manager on logistics efficiency projects; monitor inbound freight, ensuring the team only expedites when absolutely necessary
- Partner the Senior Customer Service Manager to ensure customer inputs are correctly managed and timing of shipments are within customers' expectations
- Manage the demand team to increase the accuracy of the net requirements plan, avoiding purchasing unnecessary inventory and incurring excess freight
- Design and execute plans to ensure order to shipments process is effective
- Ensure the team is utilising the ERP to ensure efficiency, including reporting, EDI links and data inputs
- Work with IS to develop reporting and tracking of key performance metrics for a supply chain function
To succeed in this Senior Supply Chain Manager, ASEAN role, you should be able to work in cross-functional teams and be able to influence outcomes and gain the support of key stakeholders in Commercial, Finance and IS.
- Tertiary qualification within Business Administration, Business Management or a related field
- Work experience in medical devices industry
- Experience in inventory management and demand forecasting
- Track record of strong leadership capabilities with experience in building up a new team
- Familiarity with lean concepts or lean certification(s)
- Familiarity with ISO9001 and ISO13485
- Experience managing a team of professionals and operating effectively as part of a team with accountability for business results
- Minimum eight years' experience in a supply chain role within SEA
- Previous experience using an ERP system
This is a leading medical devices company with great growth opportunities. If you are a senior supply chain professional with a can-do attitude, this Senior Supply Chain Manager, ASEAN role is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li