Regional Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 05 September 2018 2018-09-052018-11-04 manufacturing-and-production 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An attractive Regional Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager job has just been made available at a leading global chemicals firm.
About the Regional Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager Role:
You will be responsible in overseeing all daily logistics transactions and processes, documentation, and due diligence KPIs directly relating to logistics and distribution work flow. You will be a subject matter expert with regards to all import and export trade regulations and trade compliance for the APAC market.
- Liaise with government officials on import, export and customs-related matters
- Facilitate the import and/or export of products in Asia Pacific and manage customs queries while utilising preferential trade agreements
- Provide and conduct trade regulation-related training to colleagues across departments and functions
- Assess and communicate regulatory developments to business lines, and provide oversight to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance with all import, export and control regulations and requirements as well as regional compliance with all corporate logistics and trade policies and procedures, including that of daily operations and trade documentation checks etc.
- Identify, establish and provide ongoing support of applicable free trade agreement programs, special customs authorisations, supply chain security and other logistics and trade initiatives, and relevant reviews of acquisition and integration activities
- Strong working knowledge of import/export regulations and logistics practices within Asia, e.g. Hong Kong, China, India and Malaysia, with the ability to understand and work within a multitude of government regulatory schemes and agencies
- Lead freight forwarder/broker assessments
- Stewardship and oversight of carrier’s and freight forwarder performance
- Carrier’s allocation and yearly tender management
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
- Ensure timely and effective selection of preferred logistics service providers and manage shipping forecasts to minimise delivery delays
- Work with selected logistics partners to ensure status is tracked until deliveries are satisfactorily completed
- Chair bi-weekly department meetings to resolve internal matters
To succeed in this Regional Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager role, you will need to have at least eight years' experience within the trade compliance function.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management from a recognised university
- Minimum eight years' relevant working experience in engaging customs and trade officials, managing compliance assessments and utilising preferential trade agreements will be an advantage
- Broad knowledge of customs and trade export and import practices and procedures in the Asia Pacific region
- Able to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Able to influence cross-organisational outcomes
- Able to provide training and coaching to others
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
This leading international company is recognised as one of the leaders in their field of expertise. If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges every day.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung