Regional Demand Planning Lead
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 12 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An attractive Regional Demand Planning Lead job has just been made available at a consumer electronics company based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the APAC Finance Director.
About the Regional Demand Planning Lead Role:
You will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. You will create and maintain forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers; prepare reports, communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets)
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Business Development, Channel Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Provide input to the Demand Resource Planning (DRP) Team (Global) in developing inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with DRP team
- Provide support for operational issues/tasks such as:
- Prepare Purchase Orders for Singapore warehouse inventory to each of the Professional Business Units
- Singapore back-order review and fulfilment; manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that is approved by management
- SAP material master maintenance
To succeed in this Regional Demand Planning Lead position, you will need 3-5 years' experience in demand planning and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related Supply Chain role, especially in Planning and Forecasting
- Strong skills and experience working with Microsoft Excel (Advanced Level) is a must
- Strong SAP knowledge in Planning and Material Management Modules is a must
- Clear, logical and confident communication skills (written and spoken) is required
- Ability to multi-task and handle responsibilities under tight deadlines, and maintain a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to identify problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assess each using standard procedures, and make sound decisions
- Ability to take ownership and suggest improvements to processes
- Sensitive to timing delays, able to foresee problems in advance and take necessary actions on time
- Strive to meet and exceed internal and external customer demands
- Organised - keeps all work records systematically, making it easy for other colleagues to follow up
- Willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines, especially at the beginning of the month
This company is a leading electronics firm with more than 30,000 employees worldwide, with a strong emphasis on training and people development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a global industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung