Technical Service Director
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 07 November 20192019-11-18 2020-01-06 engineering Singapore SG SGD 10000 12000 12000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Technical Service Director job has just become available at one of the most respected Fortune 500 companies based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a seasoned electrical engineer who is a leader in their field.
About the Technical Service Director Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be the interface between the global technical team and regional commercial teams teams across Southeast Asia. As the Technical Service Director, you will be responsible for engaging different stakeholders and achieve commercial success.
- Act as the primary technical contact for the regional commercial lead and team with moderately significant business impact
- Serve as the technical lead for insulating coolant liquids for SEAPAC market. Direct and guide team members to provide technology guidance to the assigned businesses in developing operational/ tactical plans and coordination of execution. Coordinate implementation for technology needs in new or maturing markets
- Translate product, its specification and application into customer solutions based on the marketability of product/process/application
- Build up strong global connectivity, connect with global R&D function teams and collaborate with others region on the knowledge transfer and manage joint-development projects
- Proactively liaise and leverage the global technical organisation and capabilities to maximise the execution of regional priorities and also to support global technical projects and initiatives
- Work hand-in-hand with the regional commercial leader and marketing leader to consistently engaged key and selected customers
To succeed in this Technical Service Director job, you must have good knowledge of transformers and dielectric liquid coolants and you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with the technical and commercial teams, across borders, and internal matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering
- In-depth knowledge of transformer design and/or insulating fluid application
- More than 10 years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good problem solving and critical thinking, with good business acumen and a strong sense of value selling
- Solid understanding of utility, industrial and commercial end-user, Tx OEM and channel partner GTM structure
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects and drive business results
- Ability to identify and translate industry/market trends into new opportunities and solutions for existing and new customers/markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
This company is much more than just industrial and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technical Service Director job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.