Senior Procurement Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant JinHan Huang (R22104730)
Job Ref 1834460/001
Date posted 02 August 2022singapore procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-08-02 2022-09-01 engineering Central Central SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading electronics company is seeking a Senior Procurement Manager. In this job, you will assist companies in effecting more efficient sourcing processes to save costs and maximise profitability and negotiate with suppliers to obtain goods, materials, and services at the best prices by using strategic sourcing strategies and extensive knowledge of the industry.
About the Senior Procurement Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality, and timing and drive the commodity and supplier strategy for the business. It is critical to drive the collaboration across cross-functional teams internally, including engineering, quality, product marketing and corporate procurement to deliver desired outcomes.
- Assist business stakeholders in developing the specifications for a desired product or service to meet the needs of the end users
- Develop and executes sourcing strategies
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and performance
- Developing supplier KPIs to support the overarching procurement function’s strategy, goals, and targets
- Support business users in strategic data requests and analytics
- Drive business (process, supplier and commodity) integration with any M&A activity
- Ensure availability of the specified goods and services according to the functional, budget, and planning requirements of the internal customers/budget owners
- Lead quarterly supplier scorecard review to drive supplier performance improvement in quality, delivery, cost
- Facilitate conflict resolution and take ownership for business case accountability and overall implementation for the project for spend categories in scope
- Ensure continuous productivity improvement through process improvement and enhancement in procurement strategies
- Collaborate with design engineering and manufacturing teams to drive NPI project execution and determine direct material specifications/requirements, supplier capabilities, and to drive cost reduction
To perform well as the Senior Procurement Manager, you will need to be able to coach and motivate staff. In addition, you will need to have strong interpersonal communication skills along with a high level of management skills. You must be committed to achieving efficient and safe operation in line with the company’s high level of technical standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in procurement and supply chain management or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in procurement experience with a minimum of five years of management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Proactive and independent in making decisions
- Able to take on the role of a motivator to coach and counsel others whenever necessary
- Good coordination and timely reporting skills
- Good financial and business acumen
- Analytical mindset and an organised work approach
- Proven experience in contract negotiations; vendor management
- Analytical and market research skills
This organisation is a leading electronics company with a strong presence. With great clients and known for their excellent performance and success. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are seeking a stable environment to grow your career, this Senior Procurement Manager role is right for you. You will be a part of a supportive team and the opportunity to enhance technical and management capabilities will be provided for further career development.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at +65 6228 0271 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R22104730 Huang Jin-Han