Assistant Purchasing Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Brinda Cheng (R22104550)
Job Ref 1818370/001
Date posted 20 June 2022singapore procurement-supply-chain/purchasing-procurement 2022-06-20 2022-07-20 purchasing-and-procurement Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Assistant Purchasing Manager job opportunity has come available working for a leading retail company in Singapore.
About the Assistant Purchasing Manager Role:
This role reports to the Regional Head of Department and will allow the successful candidate to work closely with internal and external stakeholders across the organisation.
- Lead and support supplier negotiations aligned to the Asia Pacific regional strategy, ensuring the most competitive terms and conditions are achieved
- Manage the on-going relationship with suppliers ensuring all customers are being managed optimally
- Provide technical and professional expertise when supporting new projects and tenders
- Identify and propose current market trends with relevant assortment and brands
- Inspire and motivate team members to achieve set objectives and drive positive engagement, resulting in building team members’ capability for growth and development within the category
To succeed in this Assistant Purchasing Manager role, you will need strong end-to-end knowledge of purchasing and vendor management with any experience in a confectionery being desirable.
- Degree in Business or any related discipline
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a purchasing function preferably within the Retail industry and/or within the confectionery category
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Teams, preferably with exposure in SAP but not mandatory
- Strong and reliable leader with the ability to mentor and develop team members
- Strong communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to sustain long-term relationships
- A can-do attitude, complemented by the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong business and financial acumen, attention to detail resulting in an organised day-to-day management of the team, and external stakeholders
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the retail sector. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and driven, the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Assistant Purchasing Manager is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Purchasing Manager job in Singapore.
Apply now or contact me to find out more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R22104550 Brinda Cheng Shu Yu
Salary: SGD3000 - SGD4000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 22 June 2022An exciting Regional Category Supply Planner (six-month contract) job has become available at one of the world's most renowned cosmetics company.